Chapter Six - Hope*

Ellie ignores the protests behind her as she runs from the apartment and away from the monster it held. She rushes down the hall and past a familiar blonde.

"Ellie?" Megan grabs hold of her before she can get far.

"He knows."

"Knows what? Is Liam in there?" She points to the apartment door where Ellie had just fled.

She just nods.

Megan curses under her breath, "Knows what exactly?"

"That we're not related. That's all as far as I know."

"Then why are you so upset?" Her face scrunches at the tears falling down Ellie's face.

She shakes her head.

Megan just rolls her eyes and grabs Ellie's wrist, dragging her back into the apartment.

"Megan, no-"

She stops talking as Liam comes back into view.

Megan slams the door behind them and stands with her hand on her hip, "Care to explain this?"

She gestures to Ellie as if she was a made he made. In a way, she was.

Liam raises an eyebrow, "Explain what? Seems to me that she needs to be explaining. You too."

Megan glares, "We don't need to explain anything. You're the one avoiding me."

"You're the one who lied. Elle's not your cousin-who is she?"

"It's Ellie. And she is my cousin. Maybe you didn't stalk her enough." She bites back.

"Really? Who's her parents?" He smirks.

She falters before answering, "Aunt Sarah and Uncle Joseph."

"Wrong." He stands to circle around the two girls, "Her mom's name is Grace Pierce, or Grace Falmouth after she divorced, and her dad is Gregory Pierce. The Gregory Pierce. Surely you've heard of him?"

Megan gawks at Ellie before answering Liam, "The multi-billionaire? He's a movie producer."

"Right." He smirks, "He also directs and acts in the majority of them."

Megan looks over at Ellie, "Why didn't you tell me that?"

Ellie's jaw tightens as she glares at Liam, "Because my mother is dead."

"I'm sure your father is more than capable of taking care of you himself." Liam chuckles.

"Like he did with her, right?" She grits through her teeth.

Liam's smirk falls, "What?"

"You knew my mother died. Did you know she was also perfectly healthy? She couldn't just drop dead."

Ellie's stare caused Liam to shift uncomfortably, "But-"

"I'm confused." Megan whines, cutting him off.

Liam ignores her, coming to a realization and looking back to Ellie, "What about your sister?"

"You have a sister?" Megan asks.

"She's still with him." Ellie says, defeated.

"You need to get her out of there." Liam stares at her, intensely.

"I'm trying." She looks away from the two so they can see her eyes beginning to gloss over again.

"I can help." He offers.

Ellie shakes her head, "You can help by leaving me alone."

"Obviously there is some reason why she is there and you are here."