Caramel Macchiato

Disclaimer: Rick's characters, idea, etc.
*****************************************************************************************************************************

Piper:

I woke up this morning feeling like, ugh. I felt like I hadn't slept in a million years, my throat was dry, my hair looked like a family of rats had made a nest in it, and my eyes felt like they were swollen shut. It probably diidn't help that I had cried myself to sleep the night before. I had wanted to wake up Jason last night to talk about it, but he has been really stressed out lately with all of the homework he gets in his AP courses. He needed the sleep.

I shuffled out of bed to my dresser, where I pulled out the first things I could get my hands on. A t-shirt for Wicked and a pair of dark jeans. I myself hadn't been a huge fan of the play, but my half sisters were, and they bought me the shirt. I threw it on over my head and struggled into the pair of jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror. Ew. My hair was knotted all over the place. If I was a different kind of person, I might have asked my mom for a makeover, however, that was not my style. I never felt like myself when she did that to me.

I gave up on trying to run a brush through my hair. I brushed my teeth, not bothering with makeup, and left my room. I looked through the fridge, but I couldn't find anything worth eating. I really needed to Iris message the camp to send more groceries. I didn't feel like doing anything, so I just kind of sat there, staring at the wall.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. I sat for a second longer, then got up and opened the door. It was Jason.

"Jason!" i exclaimed, launching myself into his arms. "Jason, i missed you so much!"

"What's wrong, Pipes? I saw you just yesterday."

"I need to talk to you. Let's go inside."

"Okay."

We walked into the little sitting room and sat down.

"Okay, Pipes, what do you need to talk about?"

"My dad... he was in a car accident last night. He's okay, but, well, he's in the hospital. He should be out in a week or so, but he has bad injuries. It's going to take a while for him to get back to normal. You know, physical therapy and all that."

Jason wrapped me in a hug. "I'm so sorry to hear that. But it's good that he's going to be okay. Why didn't you tell me last night?"

"I got the call around midnight. I know that you've been really stressed lately and that you needed sleep, so I didn't want to call and wake you up."

"Oh, Pipes, never worry about waking me up. Anytime you need to talk, I'm here. That's what boyfriends are for, right? Listening and looking good."

I giggled. He always knew how to cheer me up.

"Hey, I know what we should do!" he exclaimed.

"What?" I asked cautiously.

"We're going to Satrbucks!"

~ at Starbucks ~

Jason went up to the counter and ordered while I got us a table near the window. He gets back.

"What did you order?" I asked him as he passed me my drink and took a sip of his.

"Two carmel macchiatos. I know you like those."

"Thanks! You really know how to make me smile."

"That's good, because I love to see your smile. It's so beautiful."

"My smile looks pretty bad this morning, and I'll admit it."

"Nah, it's perfect. Real. That's why I love you, Piper. You're real. You don't wear loads of makeup, you don't hide who you are, you're just you. And that's perfect."

I leaned across the table and grabbed his hand. "I love you too, Sparky, and don't you forget it."

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry if you don't like the romance; I have just felt like writing romantic one-shots lately. I'll write another update soon! Love you guys!