Chapter Twenty-Two

Memories. They flew past me as I lay still. The cold has over taken me and I’m too numb to even shiver. I don’t know how long I’ve been like this, but I know long enough to make the blood stop running through my veins. Everything about this seems unreal. I’m still alive, but barely breathing. It’s like they want me to suffer by being alive. They want me to die slowly, because it’s the only way left to really get rid of me.

 Silence. I’ve heard things since I’ve been in my frozen prison. I don’t know if the voices I hear are real, or if I’m just delirious. Sometimes, I hear my name being called multiple times in panic-mode and others telling me to stay awake. I think it’s my own voice, but I don’t remember my voice sounding like that.

 Emotions. So many emotions I feel right now. I feel abandoned. My brother was definitely dead. The only family I had left, and he was gone. I want to cry, no, I need to cry. I’ve let tears fall, but they always end up freezing to my face. Betrayal is coating my skin the most though. Keegan apparently doesn’t care too much about me; otherwise I would have been out of this jail cell. Pain is the main thing I feel at the moment. I sense it mainly deep inside my chest. My skin feels like millions of pinpricks are stabbing into my skin and my body throbs.

 I want to die already. I’ve already suffered enough; I just want to remove the pain. I’m sick of trying to keep my breathing in check. I’m sick and tired of seeing I’m still alive and how many minutes I might have left until I’m dead. I want so badly to move around, erase the numbness and pain, and I want to be in bed. I want to cry about my brother.

 I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve stayed in this place, though I began hearing things again. Clashing noises and snarls echoed through the building causing me to shudder. The pinpricks becoming sharper and I want to cryout in pain, but I can’t. A sharp howl rings and my body shudders once more. It seems as though my body knows the cause of the howling and it wants to go to him.

 The door busts open, a few minutes later, and I hear my name.

 “Oh my…” A familiar face appears in my vision and I yearn for the heat he may hold from the outside. He places his large hands on my cheeks and the heat of them melts the ice off of my face.

 “You’re freezing!” the man growled causing me to shake. He stands up, walks behind me, and scoops his arms gently under my armpits. The next thing I know, I’m staring into light and I start to get confused. There are things crashing all around and growls and snapping of teeth.

 The man hovers over me and shouts things I can’t understand. The new heat reaching my body burns my skin and I want to scream out in pain, but my lips are still frozen shut. My eyes aren’t focused and I see triple of the man that still hangs over me. I begin to panic when I see his face come closer to mine until I can feel his hot breath on my iced face. His lips are on mine and I can feel my frozen lips melt against his hot ones.

 Something familiar causes my brain to run on over-drive as I realize who he is. When I feel his lips leave mine, I take in a huge breath through my mouth and the heat melts the inside of my mouth and I feel pain.

 “Fay, if you can hear me, I’m so sorry.” I don’t fully understand his words when I feel warm hot liquid sliding down my throat and I begin to freak-out. I try closing my mouth, but I keep opening it back up to feel the warmth of it again. When it stops I want more, but my jumbled up mind focuses on the heat I feel in between my neck and shoulder. I relax a little bit, until a sharp pain begins to form on the warm spot of my neck.

 My breathing becomes shaky and I feel like screaming, but nothing comes out. My blood begins to boil as my body feels as if it’s changing. The frozen blood inside me melts as something else takes its place. My body begins to thaw and I start shaking randomly. My eyes begin blinking rapidly and my fingers twitch. Things around me become clearer and my ears can hear things better. Everything isn’t jumbled anymore and I can think clearly and remember everything. I can hear myself screaming in pain and I’m thrashing around; my body jumping crazily.