Chapter One - The Willow Tree

I was settled in my assigned chemistry seat once the tardy bell rang. As usual, Rodney Peters casually strolled in after the bell. I swear he only did it to have the attention of the entire class as he entered the room. And unfortunately, his seat was directly in front of mine.

"Got a pencil Angela?" Rodney asked me as he took his seat. Just the sound of his voice made my blood boil, especially when he acted like he didn't know my real name.

"No," I replied sharply.

"Oh come on. I know you do," he said showing off his typical smug smirk that made me want to introduce his cheek to the strength of my hand.

"No, no I don't. Not unless you know my name and wipe that ridiculous grin off your face."

"Aw, you just want to hear my voice say your name to complete your fantasies of me with the sound of me moaning your name," he chuckled. His words made me cringe! He is despicable!

"You wish," I snapped, "Keep dreaming.

"I will Avery," he said with a wink. I scoffed in disgust and threw a black ink pen at him. "Thanks babe."

"Don't call me that."

"Whatever you say babe," he snickered. Jack ass.

Chemistry continued on like normal. We took notes, did some practice worksheets, typical boring chemistry things. The bell finally rang, releasing us from the sleepy confines of the classroom.

Rodney was the first out of the door allowing me the relief of his lack of presence. I gathered all my things and zippered my pack. As I rounded down the hallway to go to my locker I passed by Rodney who was leaning up against the wall acting like he didn't give a shit. When my eyes briefly met his, a curious grin spread across his face and he pushed himself up off the wall. I immediately picked up my pace.

"Woah baby! Where's the fire?" he laughed, clearly noticing my increased speed. "Slow down, I wanna talk to you." He caught up to me and took hold of my wrist, forcing me to face him.

"Let go," I commanded through clenched teeth.

"Not until I know you won't run," he smirked.

"Trust me, I won't. I want this conversation to end as soon as possible, so talk fast. My next class starts soon."

"Ditch with me. Missing one English class won't hurt."

"Yes it will. I need to stay caught up with the class, and the assignments and - wait...how did you know my next period is English?" That definitely concerns me...he knows what my third period class is. Who knows how many other classes he has memorized of my schedule.

"You're constantly telling Joseph about that class during chem. How could I not know English is your next period?" he snickered. The urge to redden his cheek was gradually increasing within me. "So will you ditch with me or not?" He pried.

"Not." I said, tearing my wrist from his grasp and swiftly making my way down the hall. I wasn't tugged back at all so I'm guessing he didn't follow. There was no way in hell I was going to ditch class to chat with Rodney Peters!

***

After Mr. Crane dismissed our English class I made my way to my locker to grab my jacket before heading to my car to go get lunch. I had fifth period off so I could get out to lunch earlier than most of the school.

I snagged my jacket and walked out to the student parking lot to my dark blue Toyota Camry. Right as I was about to put the key in the lock to open the door, someone came up behind me, spun me around by my hips, and placed his hands on the car at either side of my body, keeping me from escaping. Rodney.

"We didn't get to finish our conversation earlier. You ran off like you said you wouldn't. I still need to talk to you," he almost whispered, fanning his hot breath over my face.

"Then talk," I snapped.

"Not here. It's too...public. Give me your keys, we'll go somewhere else." I stared deep into his eyes trying to find out if he was planning my demise, but to my surprise, the emotion I saw was sincerity. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," he said as if he read my mind. I reluctantly placed my car keys in the palm of his hand. He smiled and backed off allowing me to walk around the car to the passenger side. I pulled the door open and got in, immediately locking my seatbelt because I was worried about how Rodney was going to drive. Rodney then took his place in the driver's side and brought my car to life.

After about five minutes of silence as he drove me to this unknown, non-public place, we pulled up into a gravel pull off on the side of the road.

"Are you sure you haven't brought me here to kill me then steal my car?" I asked worriedly. He laughed and handed me my car keys. "Thanks." Rodney then took my hand in his and led me down a little pathway that went into the woods. Pretty soon we came to a massive willow tree. It was beautiful, green, healthy, breath taking.

"Come on," he smiled as he parted the hanging branches of the tree and pulled me through it. Once we were both within the confines of the willow tree, he released my hand and I wandered around the large expanse of the tree admiring it's beauty. "Pretty cool isn't it," Rodney startled me as he came up from directly behind. I turned around to see him nervously rubbing the back of his neck, staring deep into my green eyes with his stunning blue ones. Rodney was actually quite good-looking; he had dark brown hair that he typically styled up into a quiff, he was about 6'2 with toned muscles that could be seen through his typical black or white tee. And his eyes, like I said, are a stunning shade of blue, ones that you could easily get lost in if he wasn't such a jerk.

"It is," I agreed. He smiled at me, and it actually appeared to be a genuine smile. He continued to stare at me..."What?" I asked. he didn't respond, all he did was walk closer to me and push my back up against the tree trunk, holding our chests together. Before I even had the chance to respond, he forcefully pressed his lips to mine. Even though he was doing something other than being a complete ass hole to me, I couldn't bring myself to kiss him back. So

I tried to push him away with my hands on his shoulders but the grip he had around my waist was too strong for me to overpower.

"R-Rodney. Stop," I stuttered as he continued to move his lips roughly against mine. "Rodney!" I said a little louder turning my head as best as I could to break the connection between our lips.

"Avery," he sighed, clearly out of breath.

"What the fuck was that?!" I practically screamed. He looked away for a moment and then turned his complete, undivided attention back to me.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that Avery," he said with absolute honesty in his eyes and voice. I stared right back at him in bewilderment. "Why do you look so surprised?"

"You can't just say that to me. And you sure as hell can't just kiss me like that. What do you mean you've been waiting to do that?"

"I've wanted to kiss you for a while, but you never gave me the chance to," he said slowly stepping closer to me again.

"Why did you want to kiss me?" I questioned. Suddenly becoming interested in his forward actions instead of angry.

Hey guys! I've just started this so please be patient with my updates. I really enjoy writing this, I think it's so fun to go through the life of a completely different high schooler :)  so please vote, comment, and tell me what you think of the story,of Rodney, or of Avery :) Xx