Chapter Two - Truth Comes Out

"Why did you want to kiss me?" I questioned.

"Because I've always had a thing for you Avery. Is it really that hard to see?"

"Yes, you're constantly an ass to me. So this has thrown me off completely! I don't understand wh-" he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine once again. But this time I didn't push him away; I didn't kiss him back, but I didn't push him away.

"I'm an ass to you because I like you," he said when our lips separated.

"So do you like the whole school?" I asked, laughing slightly. He was just a constant jerk to the entire school, so his reasoning was invalid.

"No, I'm just an ass to everyone. But I'm an ass in a special way to you."

"A special way?! What the hell kind of an excuse is that? You're an ass to me in the same way that you are to everyone else."

"No I'm not, I go out of my way to be an ass to you. I don't try as hard around other people."

"So I should feel special that you do that?! Not really seeing the good behind it!" I practically screamed.

"You should see that I do it because I like you!" He yelled back, not quite as loudly but still startling. "God! Why the fuck are you so damn difficult Avery?!" He shouted once again. This time, his choice of words made me cower back slightly. Thank goodness I had the tree to keep me from falling. He began pacing back and fourth tugging at his quiff. "I like you! I fucking like you a lot! I was always a dick to hide that!" He continued in a raised voice, but he wasn't shouting anymore. I was still frightened by the way he got so angry so quickly.

"Okay, okay," I whispered in fear and defeat. I didn't want to anger him any more so I stopped arguing. He noticed the way I cowered back towards the tree and and his face softened. He stepped closer and I pressed myself to the tree trying to increase the distance between us as best as possible. I had never been frightened by him before, but now, seeing how little time it took him to get angry with me, I was a little scared. He took yet another step closer, looking at me with apologetic eyes.

Once the space between us was no more he stroked my cheek with his right hand, and rested his left on my hip. "I'm sorry," he said, "You just drive me insane sometimes." and then our lips were molded together again. And I slowly, gently started to kiss him back.

"Rodney," I said pulling away from him, "We should get going, I need to be back for seventh period." He laughed a little and shook his head at me, then laced our fingers together and led me back to the car. "And I can get us back to school." I jingled the car keys in the air.

Once we were back at school, Rodney said he had to run to his car to grab something before heading to class, so I was left to walk into school alone. This wasn't a rare occurrence though; not a big deal.

I made my way to my desk in math class, my mind still reeling after my experience with Rodney. I always thought he hated me because of the way he acted towards me. But now that I know he likes me, I don't think I can look at him quite the same ever again.

***

When the final bell rang I wandered the halls for a little while somewhat hoping to run into Rodney. When I rounded a corner I spotted him standing with a group of his jack ass friends. Great. I casually walked by just to see what he would do, if anything had changed.

"Hey Miss Priss, did we get chemistry homework? I fell asleep until the bell," he said. I see nothing has changed.

"No dick. We didn't," I snapped. His friends were clearly amused as they snickered.

"Calm down bitch. Don't get your panties in a twist." My blood was beginning to boil, he tells me he likes me one minute and then is right back to being a total douche the next! I started walking away trying to refrain from exploding. It was nearly impossible.

"Rod I think you made her cry," his friend Jensen mocked. That sent me over my breaking point and I stormed back to the group.

"I am not crying jack ass! Do you see any goddamn tears?! No, I don't give a shit what you or any of your posse say. Just stay the fuck out of my life!" I screamed definitely drawing attention to myself, which I hated to do. I felt most of the pressure from my anger diminish as I yelled at Rodney directly, but also at his friends. He seemed startled by the way I was so quick to explode. "You walk around here with your head so high in the clouds that you can't even see how much better high school could be with real friends. And maybe even a real relationship. So enjoy your fucked up little world Rodney, and stay out of my world of content an success." With that, I scurried off to my car to get as far from him as possible. His friends looked just as shocked as he was, but they didn't bother yelling my name once I retreated from the group like he did. I was surprised that he even acknowledged my name after how he treated me only moments before. But I didn't want to go back and speak with him.

As I drove I kept thinking how could he kiss me and say he likes me, then call me Miss Priss and a bitch? What would he have said to me if I turned back when he yelled my name? Is he going to tell his friends that he kissed me? What will happen tomorrow when I have to face him in painting class? Why must I have a class with him every day? I swear the people who made our schedules did it just to put me through hell my junior year.

I was torn from my wandering mind when my phone started ringing beside me. Without looking at the caller ID, I pressed answer and turned it to speaker phone.

"Avery?" Rodney's voice echoed through my car.

"Leave me alone," I simply stated and hung up the phone immediately.

Hello loves! How are you? Sorry it's been so long since I updated! Been quite busy lately! I will try my best to update more often! I hope you all like my story so far, and I hope you will vote, or comment(: your input is much appreciated! Xx