viii.will seem

Your mission is to both interrogate and assassinate Lord Mizuki of the upper fire nation. It seems that he is planning to support the Uchiha in a revolt against Konoha during his visit that he had planned for in the next three days.

In order to weaken the Uchiha's ability to take over the Leaf, we will have to cripple a resource of their strength. Parts of this mission is a mission given to an Anbu who happens to be a rebel Uchiha. You are to intercept him and carry out your mission before he can stop you.

You are aware of my intentions, girl, and I am unafraid to make you aware that I do intend to destroy the Uchiha before they can take over my village. I'm sure we both have an understanding of why you wouldn't speak of said intentions to anyone.

You are to report to me when your mission is complete and receive your reward, of course, the one other than your ability to live in this village.

Lord Danzo

Aiko's head pounded as she hopped from tree to tree in her uniform. She wore the Anbu uniform but she had a special mask, which separated her from the rest. She was not an official Anbu member, she was a hidden one who worked directly under Danzo unwillingly.

She was well aware of who's mission exactly she was intercepting and saying she didn't feel guilty or nervous would be a lie. She was nervous off of the chance of having to face him in combat if she wasn't fast enough.

She would have to face an Uchiha in ninjutsu and she did not master any water jutsu and he was a prodigy. Her chances of fighting and beating him were very slim if you count how out of practice she was getting with her ninjutsu. Out of restlessness and her nerves, she shot off out of the gates an hour before dawn.

Itachi said he would be leaving for his mission at eight and that Sasuke wanted her there to say goodbye to him.

She sighed while darting a corner, recognizing the landscape and that there was a turn to be made.

I'm sorry, Sasuke. I'm too busy having to betray the nonexistent trust of your brother and hoping he doesn't find me because I'm not sure if I will win that fight.

She chuckled at how ridiculous she sounded and questioned if they had a card with such an apology on it. She shook her head, trying to focus, only to recognize it was too late and she had forgotten to turn.

She grumbled insults on how mindless she was sometimes before pressing her foot against the trunk of the tree and using it to turn and shoot herself in the other direction. She growled at herself under her breath.

You're wasting your own time, you only have so much before he comes darting from the village and you know he is fast.

So she ran without break.

She went through the forest for hours of shifting between all out sprinting, running and teleporting, trying to push herself to her destination.

At about the end of her first hour was when the burn tried to kick in but when she found herself at her second hour, she was able to grow used to it as it grew numb. Now at her third hour, she couldn't even feel her legs but her destination was coming into sight. She stopped short of the entrance of the village to take a breath and make sure she was coughing up blood from the pain and burning in her chest.