Chapter 9

"Clarissa! Get dressed, we're going out!" Jace calls up the stairs and I look up from my textbook. Out? Where?I get up and run downstairs to Jace.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"To a club."

"A club?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Yes, a club."

"What about Ashley?"

"What about her?" He starts walking upstairs.

"But.. It's 9pm."

"And? That's a good time to go clubbing." He continues to his room and I try to think of arguments. Why would I want to go there? "Clarissa, can you please stop thinking of protests and go and get ready?" I sigh in defeat before heading to my room. Maybe I could just not get ready, he can't force me to get changed, can he? I open my bedroom door and let out a soft yelp when I see Ashley sitting on my bed smiling widely at me.

"Ashley! You scared me! What are you doing here?" She gets up and goes to my wardrobe.

"I heard you were going out. So I've come to help you get ready." I raise my eyebrow at her before shutting my door so Jace can't hear us.

"This wouldn't be because you want us out of the house so someone else can come over, would it?" She side glances at me and her cheeks become red.

"Okay, Jonathan is coming over. But he'll be gone before you get home."

"What are you guys going to do?"

"I'm not sure yet. Maybe watch a movie." I nod and watch her sift through my clothes and pull out a dress. "How about this?" I look over the royal blue dress I didn't even know I owned. I take the dress from Ashley and head to the bathroom to try it on. It's a bit tight but it stops just above my knees which is fine.

"What do you think?" I step out of the bathroom and Ashley squeals.

"You look so good!" She comes over to me and guides me to my desk. She pushes me down into the chair and grabs my hairbrush. "I think your hair should just be braided." She says more to herself before agreeing and braiding my hair. "There. That looks good." She goes to back to my wardrobe and picks out some black heels to complete the outfit.

"Thanks Ashley." I give her a small smile and she pushes me out of the room towards the living room downstairs.

"You're welcome, now get out." I  giggle at her. "He'll be here soon." She whispers to me before yelling up the stairs. "Jace come on!" Jace comes downstairs a second later looking really good.

"Alright I'm coming Ash, calm down." He looks up his watch he was doing up a second ago and his eyes scan over me making me uncomfortable. "Clarissa, you look beautiful." He mutters after  after being silent for far too long.

"Ok can you two please get out now? I have some books upstairs that are calling my name and I need some peace and quiet." Ashley says while pushing us towards the garage door.

"Alright, alright. Be good, no friends over, don't do anything stupid and be in bed by 11. We'll be home around 1ish." He kisses the top of her head as she sighs.

"Fine." As Jace heads into the garage to his car, Ashley gives me a wide grin, as if pleading me to keep quiet about what she's actually doing tonight. I'm hoping she isn't going to do anything stupid with the boy. I don't quite understand how she can lie straight to her brothers face like that. He's only trying to protect her.

When we arrive at the club, Jace looks over at me before getting out of the car. "Ready?" My throat feels tight and I feel like I'm going to cry any moment but I'm as ready as I'll ever be. This will be the first ever club I've been into. I nod at him and we get out of the car. It's fine, this is going to be totally fine. Jace is here so nothing bad will happen.