Ch.3 Canons

Soon Peter and Wendy flew towards the beach where they landed on the sand.

"Have you ever tried skipping a stone across water?" Peter asked.

"I have" Wendy said "But I always fail."

"Well let's see how you do."

So Wendy picked up flat rock and got in position as she aimed towards the water, she then flicked her wrist as she let go of the rock, but the rock only bounced on the water once before sinking.

"See" she sighed "I failed."

"Well that's because you're throwing it wrong" Peter said as he picked up another flat rock "Watch."

He got in position as it then flicked his wrist as let go of the rock as it bounced on the water a few times before sinking.

"Okay" Wendy said as she picked up another rock and got in position.

She then threw her rock again, but like before it failed.

"Okay let me help you" Peter said as he picked up another flat rock.

He handed the rock to Wendy as he then went behind her and gripped her wrist while holding her waist with his other hand.

"The trick is in the wrist" he said "You gotta aim, and then flick your wrist as fast as you can."

While gripping her wrist, Peter helped Wendy get control of her wrist as she let go of the rock as it bounced across the water.

"See like that" he said as he pulled away.

"Okay" Wendy said as she picked up another flat rock.

She then aimed the rock, and with her wrist, she flicked the rock out of her hand as it bounced across the water.

"You did it" Peter smiled.

"Wow" Wendy said amused "You know I heard that if you can skip stones across water, you get a wish."

"Really?"

"Yeah, if the rock skips an even number, you're wish will come true, but if it skips an odd, just try again."

"Hm" Peter said with interest as he picked up a flat rock and aimed it at the water.

He then thought about his wish as he threw the rock as it skipped across the water 4 times.

"It's an even number" Wendy said.

"That means my wish will come true" Peter smiled.

"What did you wish for?"

"If I tell you it wont come true."

"Oh right."

Hiding behind some trees and bushes, Hook and Smee continued to watch Peter and Wendy.

"They just seem to be skipping stones" Smee said "What's there to watch?"

"I was just hoping that maybe we'll find a way to finally get rid of Pan" Hook said "But the only thing he seems to be interested in is Wendy. How boring."

"Oh captain" Smee said as he looked at a pocket watch "We really should be getting back to the ship."

"Yeah I've had enough of this, I'll think of something later."

But as they started to go, Peter heard a rustle as he turned around to see Hook and Smee leaving. Realizing that they were watching him and Wendy, he soon got an idea.

"Wendy" he said "Do you want to see something funny?"

"Does it have to do with Hook?" she asked.

"Yep" he smirked.

Hook's ship the Jolly Roger was usually resting in the waters near the beach, and above the ship, Peter and Wendy rested on a cloud as they looked down upon the ship.

"Look at ole Hook" Peter smirked "Smoking that cigar, that explains why he and his ship smell bad."

Wendy gave a small laugh "So what idea do you have?"

"Oh the usual, but fun to watch."

And with that he flew down towards the ship and hid behind the sails as he pushed one of the pirates off and into the water.

"Hm?" Hook said as he looked up at the sails, but he saw nothing so he shrugged it off.

Hook then pulled out a canteen of rum as he started to drink, but at that point Peter flew down and flew pass Hook causing him to spill him rum on himself. Peter then started to laugh as Hook looked up to see Peter.

"Pan!" he yelled with anger.

"Ahoy James!" Peter exclaimed.

"Oh you're gonna get it this time!" Hook yelled as he pulled out his gun and aimed it at Peter.

But Peter quickly flew out of the way as the bullet missed him. Hook continued to shoot at Peter, but Peter kept dodging the bullets.

"Load the canon!" Hook ordered as the pirates started to load the canon.

"Aim!" Hook ordered "Fire!"

The pirates then shot a canon ball at Peter, but like always he flew out of the way. But as they continued to shoot canon balls at Peter, Hook spotted something in the corner of his eye, he looked up and saw Wendy on a cloud watching. At that point Hook gave a sneaky smile as he went to the canon and aimed it towards the clouds.

"Oh Pan!" he called.

"Yes?" Peter asked with cheeky smile.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Hook asked with a sneaky look.

"What am I forgetting? I certainly didn't forget to shower, I think you're the one who's forgetting."

"Oh you're forgetting something alright."

"And what's that?"

"Your lady's up in the clouds, unprotected."

And with that he lit the canon as it shot out a canon ball towards Wendy in the clouds.

"Wendy!" Peter screamed as the canon ball went towards her.

Seeing the ball coming towards her, Wendy gave a gasp as she quickly moved out of the way as it flew pass her. But that didn't stop Hook from firing another one, and this time when the canon ball flew pass her, it caused the cloud under her to break apart as she fell off the cloud.

"Wendy!" Peter screamed again as he flew towards her.

He flew as fast as he could and was able to catch her before she could hit the waters. And with that he flew off with Wendy in his arms. As he watched them fly away, Hook gave a sneaky chuckle.

"Oh Pan" he smirked "I have a feeling this battle will soon be over, because I know your weakness."