Chapter 2

Emma's P.O.V

I woke up around 8:00 am. I got up went to the  bathroom and did my business and took a shower. I got dressed in a band t-shirt and white jeans.

I headed down the stairs to see Miss.Wayne at the door. After she finished saying goodbye to the kids she walked over to me.

"My number is on the fridge and the money is and the counter, if anything happens call me" Miss.Wayne informed me and the gave me a hug I was a little shocked at first but quickly hugged back.

"Do you know we're River is?" She asked "he's probably sleeping" Waylon said.
"Emma would you please go tell him I'm leaving" Miss.Wayne asked me."sure" I said.

I walked up the stairs and knocked his door. I was about to knock for the third time when the door shot open. "What do you want," he said. He's was wearing low hanging sweatpants and no shirt.

"Oh...um.... Your mom is leaving she wants you to come say goodbye. Without a word he pushes past me and down the stairs. I follow behind rubbing my hurting shoulder.

After everyone said goodbye Miss.Wayne left. River returned back to his room not long after.

"I'm hungry" Alistair said.  " you guys haven't eaten?" I asked all them. "No" they all said. "Okay how about bacon and eggs"? Yes they all screamed. "Tara do you wanna help me?"
"Sure" she said.

It was about 2:00 now and River was in the kitchen making him something to eat. I decided that I should go and try to talk to him since we didn't get off on the right foot.

"Hi I'm... I was cut off short when he said "I know what do you want?"
"Well I just wanted to reintroduce myself since we didn't exactly get off on the right foot" I said. He turned around and got in my face and said.

" I don't care about who you are, your not here to babysit me your here for them. So do me a favor and leave me the hell alone! Got it?" I opened my mouth to reply but he cut me short. "Good" and with that he grabbed his food and walked out the door.

I walked to the living room to see Waylon, Alistair and Abigail watching T.V. "Where's Tara?" I asked Waylon. "Painting her nails or something" he said clearly not interested.

I walked up the stairs and to Tara's room. "Knock knock" "come in" she said. "What's up" she asked. "Well I have a question for you".
"Okay".
"Well is River always that mean?"
"What do you mean"
"Well he was In the kitchen and I tried to talk to him and he got all up in my face."
"Oh his 'girlfriend' moved away a few days ago and she didn't tell him so I think he's a little upset, and he doesn't like having a babysitter."
"he had a girlfriend" I asked that just doesn't  sound like the River that I've heard of.
"Well more like friends with benefits"
"Oh"
"Yeah so you might want to leave him alone for a while"
"Okay, well thanks"
"Anytime"

I walked back down to see that River was sitting on the love seat with Abigail in his lap.
I walked into the room not making eye contact with him but I could deal his burning gaze on me. I went and set by Waylon who didn't even notice.

I didn't look away from the T.V during the whole moving even though every now and then I could feel River looking at me. We ended up watching two movies but by the end of the first one the twins were already asleep. In the middle of the second movie Waylon fell asleep on my shoulder. So then it was just me and him. We finished the movie without saying a word.

"I'll take the twins up you wake Waylon" he told me. He picked up the twins and went up the stairs.

"Waylon wake up" I said multiple times while shaking him. "I'm up I'm up!" He yelled. He gave me a glare and marched up the stairs to his room and I followed his actions.

I put on my PJs and climbed into bed and quickly drifted into a deep sleep.