The Library

I locked the door to my apartment and headed for the local café, Beans. I went there everyday before class to get some coffee and sometimes a small snack. I wasn't much of a breakfast person. It was a nice sunny day, and there was still a few hours before classes started, so many people were on the streets of the campus. Ozea University was a college for artistic people, and so the students were very creative. Some were on corners playing instruments for a little cash, some were painting and doing sketches. I really liked Ozea since I moved here, it was very different from my hometown.

~~~~~~~~~~

After classes, I headed to the library. I wanted to meet some locals, and maybe find a book to read. I walked along the shelves filled with books, reading titles and summaries. I loved reading, it was an escape to another world.

"Hey." A man came around the corner.

"Hi." I turned towards him and smiled.

"You're new here, aren't you?"

"Yeah." I laughed, "Is it that obvious?"

He stepped closer to me. "Not many people come to Ozea, it's very obvious when there's a newcomer."

"Very true. I'm Marina by the way."

"Soren."

We went back to looking at the shelves. We stayed near each other though, probably in hopes of getting to know each other.

He spoke up a few minutes later, "Say, would you like to hang out tonight?"

"Sure." It was a Friday, so I had no classes in the morning. Plus, he was really cute.

"I'll pick you up at eight?"

"That's perfect. I'm in the blue dorm." Dorms in Ozea University were painted colors of the rainbow. It went well with the artistic feel around here.

We talked a bit after making plans. After a while, I decided to head back and get ready to hang out with Soren. I didn't know if it was a date or not, but either way I wanted to look nice.