The Plan Commenses..

Kai's P.O.V ~

I stood with Bethany at the edge of the small opening leading to the blue room. The hallway that stretched on forever was but a drop from here. I shuddered as I remembered walking aimlessly trough it, hoping to reach...
I shook my head and cleared that thought before it came to me. I was not to distract myself with past occurrences, not when I would be making up for them. I glanced at Bethany, and her gaze signaled us to jump. Looking back down over the ledge, I took a deep breath and took her hand. Together, we jumped and she pulled a Crystal out of her pocket. It glowed and pulsates White before we hit the ground- the ground we wouldn't touch. We had been teleported out of the endless hallway

Surprisingly, we landed on our feet after the teleport. I stumbled to get a balance upon landing but caught myself before I fell over. My head whipped around to get a view of where we now were.

Great, another hallway,

In fact we were in another hallway, though this one seemed colder and more desolate than the previous. I didn't know wether that was a good thing or not. Beth grabbed my hand and started to run down the hallway, yanking me along with her. I struggled to find a footing but fell into step just behind her after a few paces.
I glanced at metal doors to our left, each the same as the last. Did one of them hold Lloyd? If so, which one? And how did she keep track of them all?? Did she know where she was going at all?!

Beth's footsteps slowed gradually until we stopped in front of one of the metal doors. We both turned and faced it, taking it all in. I felt my heart speed up a bit at the thought of seeing him again. I reached for the door handle, though Beth swatted my hand away. She held up a ring of keys that she must have had, flipped through them and stuck one in the lock. Carefully, she turned it and a click signaled the door had been unlocked.
She glanced over at me and nodded, then pushed the door open.

Lloyd's P.O.V ~

My hands. They weren't in the best shape but weren't in the worst either, a somewhat healthy in between. Although, something still felt wrong. My eyes were locked on the door, waiting for the slightest bit of movement. It was incredibly dull being confined in such a lavash room, alone. Nobody to share the space with, to talk to, to pour out their feelings too..
Shaking my head, I dispelled further thoughts.

No, I won't think of, then... I can't, I'll break,

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I carefully crept over to the door and pressed myself against it, ear against the metal. I stringed to hear the footsteps, and then they came. But, it wasn't only one pair. My eyes widened but I didn't move, frozen against the door. The footsteps grew louder until they stopped suddenly. Right outside my door. My breathing nearly ceased altogether.
The jangling of keys seemed to echo outside the door, the sound of them being shoved into the key hole next. My body went rigged.

If it's Morro or Nadakan I'm surely going to be questioned- oh geez why am I right here?!

Before I could get away from the door, it began to open. The door pressed against me and I stumbled backwards carefully, trying not to make a sound. The door jerked a bit, surprising me, a light to the point where I almost gave my position away. I clasped my hands over my mouth so as not to make ANY noise. Before long I was pressed against the wall, the door barely an inch away from my face. Then, I heard voices..

"You sure this is the right one?! All those doors look alike-"

"Shut up Kai, yes this is the right one I know for a fact. I know WHY he was put down this way you know, I'm not stupid."

"Then where is he if this is his room!"

Those voices- I recognized them,
Bethany and,

Kai.

Wait, did Beth say Kai? Is he actually here? Was that his voice?

Kai,

I felt my breathing speed up, become shallower,
I want to see him.

As if by magic, Bethany began to close the door to the room.

"We don't want anyone to get suspi- "
She gasped, stopped her movements for a second, then smiled a little before closing the door all the way.

My eyes didn't meet hers however. They were  locked on his.

Kai..

He froze when he saw me, his eyes wide with disbelief. Then he ran over and embraced me in a hug.
My arms wrapped around him tightly, my face buried in his shoulder. I felt tears stream down my face.

He's, really here-

He pulled out of his hug and smiled down at me warmly. I have him one back. His hand reached over and ruffled my hair. A laugher quietly.

"Ahem-"

Both Kai and I looked over at Bethany, arms crossed.

"I hate to interrupt this reunion, but we should get going now."

"Right," Kai said under his breath. He stood up and offered his hand to me. I smiled and took it, and once I was standing he leaned over and kissed me. My eyes widened at the surprise of his lips on mine. The kiss was warm, like fireworks, the feeling so amazing I wanted it to stay forever.

It was gone in a second though as he pulled away and started towards the door. He didn't look back as he rounded the corner. I stiffened slightly before following Beth and him, away from the cell.

What-why, what provoked, that then this..?

I couldn't help but try to think of what had come over him to lead to such an incident. I put that thought in the back burner and followed the two down the hallway, my cell growing ever smaller.

Little did I know that phase one of the unspoken plan had been accomplished.

                                    -

( ok so first off I'm super sorry for such a long wait for this chapter! I can't believe the last time I updated was in June 😅 I guess I started to fall out of the Ninjago fandom and Greenflame and didn't feel like writing. But, I hopefully made up for it with this chapter ~ ahh finally some shippy action! XD

Idk when I'll update again, but let us pray before Christmas maybe ;D   )