(#2) passing the mantle

welcome to the very first oneshot competition on notjustsidekicks!

as you might have guessed, this round's theme is on the topic of 'passing the mantle', which is defined as 'passing a role or responsibility to another person'.

this round is simple — the sidekicks and love interests are going to be the heroes!

this isn't confined to canon material, sam wilson may be captain america, but that isn't stopping kamala khan or even america chavez from achieving that role either!

the prizes are as follows:

first place.

a follow from notjustsidekicks + a shoutout from respective admins, a free graphic / oneshot (1K+) from an admin of your choosing, and another reward completely of your choosing.

second place.

a shoutout from respective admins, a book of your choosing to be added to our reading lists AND our fanfic rec book, and a free graphic / oneshot (less than 1K) from an admin of your choosing.

third place.
a shoutout from respective admins, and a book of your choosing to be added to our reading lists AND our fanfic rec book.

any entry.
( including winners )
the book containing your entry will be added to our reading lists, and you will receive 2+ constructive comments on a book of your choosing.

before we go on, let's review some rules:

1. all entries must be submitted by 24/10/17. you have four months everyone!

2. plaigarism or copying of any sort will not be tolerated.

3. all entries must be posted on wattpad, and linked in the comments AND emailed to wearenotjustsidekicks@gmail.com. i know it's a bit troublesome, but we have to do it for formality's sake :'(. you may post it as a chapter to another book, but please specify which chapter. the reason why we want both is so that we can keep track of the winners and that all the entries get the reads, votes and comments they deserve!

4. your entry must follow to the theme provided and must apply to either the marvel, dc or star wars fandom. keep originality and grammar in mind when writing your entry.

5. your word count should range from 750 words to a maximum of 5K words. if it exceeds that limit, notify us.

6. tag your story with #notjustsidekicks so that everyone can see your entry!

happy writing, and if you have any inquiries, don't hesitate to ask!
- carolferris

TAG PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE HERE!