Flash to Happy Times

~Austin~Ten Days Later~

It's actually really sunny when I wake up in the morning. It's not right. I got little sleep, I worry about what Ally is doing back in Miami, on her own.

I always worry about her, I guess, but when she's on her own, I do even more so. I know how her life used to be before she met Trish, before she met me.

Ally closed the window so the rain wouldn't fall into the practice room. It had started out a light drizzle, but now it was starting to pour.

"I don't know, Austin, I'm not really in the mood to write a song right now," she frowned, looking up at the grey sky.

"It's up to you," I said lightly. "But to be honest, neither am I." She gave me a small smile, and sat down next to me on the piano bench, without another word. I watched her for a moment, whatever she was thinking about was distracting her. Suddenly, she blinked, coming out of her daze.

"I love you guys. You, Trish, Dez. Team Austin is the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for you." She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, Ally?"

"Nothing's wrong, I just was...thinking. You know, I only met Trish a year before I met you. And she's the first friend I ever had. I didn't actually think I'd
ever make friends, because I was just so...unapproachable. I just didn't want anyone to notice me, I avoided any interaction I could. Trish is hard to avoid, though." I chuckled lightly.

"Very true. So then why were you so opened towards me?" Ally shrugged.

"I'll be honest-no offense-but I didn't want to have anything to do with you at first. I thought you fit right into the category of people to stay away from. Over-confident, naive, annoying. That was before I met you though. Then I realized we shared a dream. I couldn't stay away from someone like that." I put my arm around her and squeezed her shoulder.

I love you, too, I wanted to say, but I couldn't.

I got out of bed, and tapped on Trish's shoulder. She'd be annoyed that I'd waken her up, but more annoyed with why.

"Austin, we aren't going back to Miami. You can wait four days. Lemme sleep," she groaned, before I said a word.

"Please," I begged. "I need to make sure she's okay."

"Of course she's not okay! But you know what? You'll just make it all so much worse."