Chapter 21

Aphmau POV

I take off my Wasp girl suit and open my pocket, pulling out some tweezers to pull the glass out of my hand. I give them to Katelyn and she does it for me. Since I don't have my Lady Thor suit on, my quick healing doesn't work so Katelyn rips off a bit of her shirt to wrap around my hand. While she is doing this, I hear the cell door opening.

"What happened?" Castor asks, running over to my hand. Before he can touch it, I tank my hand away from him and glare at him.

"I'm not talking to them." I mind link Katelyn. She nods before turning to Castor.

"We aren't talking to you." Is the only thing she says before walking into the joking bathroom. Castor sighs.

"I brought you food." He points to the tray that I didn't notice was here before leaving, whispering that he is sorry before shutting the door, locking it. I go over to the food and sniff it, instantly smelling the faint smell of the anti-Phoenix drug. It smells like ashes and a little bit of spice. Sandwiches don't smell like that. They probably thought I would just eat it without caring but I have an idea to get out of here.

"Castor is gone you can come out now." I mind link her. She comes out of the bathroom and sits next to me, about to eat the food before I pull her away. "It's drugged. Don't eat any of the food without asking me first." She nods at me.

"How are we going to escape? The place is secure."  She asks through the link. We can't risk anybody hearing is.

"Try to pick the lock with your claws. There is no camera so we don't have to worry about people seeing us. I'm going to make it look like we had food since they will force us to eat it. I have cake on me." She goes to the door and puts her arm through the bars, trying to pick the lock while I flush most of the food down the toilet since their was no bin. Katelyn was about to do it but we heard the door to the dungeon open and she quickly goes onto the bed and under the covers. I lean on the wall, facing her.

"Katelyn. Jess. Why are you guys down here?" I hear Cadenza ask, walking up to us. I stand up and walk over to the bars.

"We were locked in here by Sly and Castor after I wouldn't forgive him. He won't let us out." I tell her. She looks around the cell until her gaze lands on Katelyn.

"Katelyn, I brought you a cake for your birthday. This must have been a bad birthday though. Nobody remembered. I made the cake myself so it might not be ask good as Kawaii-Chans." She slips the cake through the bars with a knife. "I will take care if Boomy for you until I can get you out of here. You don't deserve to be here." She smiles at us before turning to go upstairs. She quickly turns to us again, slipping a box through the bars as well. "From Travis." She walks upstairs.

"I wonder what's inside." She goes over to the box and opens it. Inside is a beautiful charm bracelet with many charms that suit Katelyn, such as a flame since she liked fire. That's why I made her gloves fire.

"It's beautiful! Give me your wrist so I can put it in you!" She gives me her wrist and I put it in her, letting it hang a bit loose. "Now let's have some cake. You can cut it." I pick up the cake and put it on the table, shoving the tray off without a care. I give her the knife and she cuts it. While we are eating the cake, Sly and Castor comes down. I instantly glare at them, not moving at all.

"Looks like you ate your food. Good." Sly gives me a small smile before picking up the tray which was not n the floor with the remains of the food that I picked off to make it believable. "Jess I'm really sorry about what I said. I truly am. I was just so stressed out and I guess I took it out on you. Please forgive me." I just keep glaring at him. "I don't blame you for your uncle trying to kill us. That's why we searched for you for three years. We all just wanted to see you again." He starts to tear up but I look away, still not talking.

"She won't talk to anybody. Not even me. Let's just leave her to cool off." Castor says. Sly just nods and walks away.

"Why won't you forgive him? He seemed genuine." Katelyn mind links me.

"If I forgive them then they would want to help me defeat Loki and if that happens, they would all die protecting me from Loki. I need to kill him by myself. Now let's get some rest. We can escape tomorrow. You take the bed and I will take the floor." There is only one bed so being the nice person I am, gave it to her. I get the really uncomfortable floor.

"You can take the bed. I can sleep on the floor." She tries to persuade me but I just shake my head.

"It's your birthday." I lie down on the floor and turn to face her to be hit in the face with a pillow and a blanket.

"If you are on the floor then at least take those." She speaks out loud. I nod and smile at her. She smiles back before lying down. I turn away from her and try to fall asleep, just thinking about my friends. Thinking about how we are going to leave them. Thinking about if I will ever go back after all of this is over. I soon fall asleep.

Katelyn POV

I am woken up by Jess putting a finger over her lips, telling me to stay quiet. I nod.

"I'm able to use my teleport powers now since its been 24 hours. Luckily, we didn't eat the food that they gave us so we are going to teleport. I'm going to teleport to Vylad who is in O'khakis right now. When the button turns green, make sure nobody is around before teleporting." She tells me. I nod and she teleports away to Vylad. I wait for the button to turn green. While I am waiting, Castor and Sly comes down with Cadenza.

"Where is Jess?" Sly asks. I point to the bathroom, sneakily looking at my gloves. Still red. "Can you call her out?" I glare at him. "I will take that as a no." He sighs. I just notice that Cadenza has her arms behind her back with Boomy in Slys hands.

"What are you doing to Cadenza?" I shout at Castor.

"She tried to take the keys off of me." Castor pushes Cadenza into the cell gently. I look at my glove to see its green.

"Oh and by the way, Jess escaped." I say to them like I'm telling them the weather. They look at me with big eyes.

"The food was drugged! You couldn't have." I smirk at Sly.

"Who said we ate the food? We had cake from our lovely friend over here. Better look next time." I smirk at them before grabbing Cadenza's wrist. They knew what I was going to do but it was too late. I pressed the button.