*Prologue

01 - The Prologue

Long ago, humans and sorcerers all lived in harmony. Humans were nothing special. Sorcerers, however, were the most powerful beings of all as they possessed enchantments and magic. It was definitely not common for humans to turn out to be sorcerers. Sorcerers, were special beings - gifted children, people once used to call them. The sorcerers were just like humans, only that they had such great power no living thing on Earth has. Their magical abilities were not commonly passed down to their descendants which was what made their kind rare. Instead, only about 5% of the world's population were magic users.

Sorcerers were once considered gods in disguise for their special powers. The most powerful were worshiped like queens and kings. Everyone looked up to them with admiration. However, as decades went by, they became nothing more than a threat to humanity when the people soon realised that they could overpower them and endanger their kind anytime they wanted. People started to think that they were so dangerous to the point where most began to fear the powerful beings, which eventually led to the outbreak of a war. Most sorcerers had to suffer from the humans' wrath. It didn't matter the slightest bit to the humans if the sorcerers were guilty or innocent, all of them had to die no matter what. They were killed. Tortured. Hunted down like they were wild animals. The sorcerers tried to fight back but unfortunately, their attempts ended in vain. After all, how could a mere 5% of the Earth's population fight against the other 95% ? They were obviously outnumbered. It was clear  who would win; the humans. Some tried to flee to the safety of their homes only to find them burnt to the ground. Soon, the sorcerers slowly became extinct. Or at least, that is what the humans think...      

Only some survived. Not surprisingly, the descendants have slowly reached the modern era where magic no longer exists. Or should I rephrase: We live in a world where people simply no longer believe in magic. Mention anything about sorcery and you would be dismissed as delusional. Hundreds of years have passed since the war between sorcerers and humans, and the sorcerers of this modern age disregarded their gift, afraid to restart what happened many centuries ago. Soon, their magic slowly faded away day by day due to their abilities left unpracticed, making them become nothing more than mere humans just like the others. Unexpectedly, there are a few that managed to inherit the last of their kind's gift, before it disappeared forever...

       One of the "chosen ones" was none other than Emilia Jones. She had two choices. The first was to disregard her gift like the others had done. The other was to practice her gift and maybe, just maybe, bring a long lost civilisation back to life.

...I believe we are all quite aware of what she chose. She chose to practice her gift.