Chapter 9

Thank you everyone for reading! I am soooooo sorry I havent updated. But college life is just really gruelling lately. Its essay after essay and enough homework to turn my thoughts to academic suicide.lol (not real suicide, just my stuborness kicking in. I don't like when people say i HAVE to do something, its plumb irritating.) Anyways I just finished my third final for the week and I still have two more to go... Wish me luck. Rofl what am I thinking, ya'all probly just want me to get on with the story. Hehe sorry for the rambling...

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦○○○○○○♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

♪♫♫♪♪► Music listened to while writing.....Evanescence!!! lol. yeah.. anyways.

My previous energy has left me by mid day. The classes crawl along at a mind-numbing pace, making me feel like a real life zombie strolling from one class to the next. Next thing I know i might start eating people in my spare time, just to change things up.lol. Just kidding. But seriously, the lack of sleep combined with the teachers monotonous verbal forays have my head nodding.

By lunch time I'm ready to escape, even if for only a bit of peace from the constant stream of subjects. Dragging my feet I enter the lunch room and slump into a chair. My head buried in my arms I catch myself from drifting off and with a sigh I raise my head again and scan the room.

 I never like sitting within a good twenty feet of Skiavoni. Now is not the time to press my luck by threatening my life as I know it. That girl is pure evil.

Looking over toward the front of the line I glance at the menu, looks like its mystery meat and cardboard again... In other words a slice of 'bread' and 'salisbury steak.' And for those of you health conscious folks there's a 'salad bar' but the only thing on it today is a disgusting display of slicked green beans that looks like a slimey heap of steaming...eh uhm. I'd better not say.

Walking over to the line, I ready myself for a long wait. At this exact moment the whole cafeteria grows quiet as,  guess who  comes in....

Yep u guessed it Skiavoni. She struts over to the line and positions herself behind me. My body is tensed, ready for the worst, expecting a harsh encounter shifting uneasily as she just continues on her conversation with one of her friends as if nothing has happened. Effectively ignoring me, I feel myself relax as I realize she isn't going to rip out my throat. Well, thats a first..  allowing myself a relieved grin, I freeze when I hear "What are you smiling at wierdo!" Well I guess it was too much to expect her to stay occupied for long. My face flames in mortification as she grabs a passing kids tray and dumps it on my head. saying " Stay with the trash where you belong! Nobody likes you anyway." Then with a disgusted look she passes me in the line.

My appetite is officially gone as I run to the bathrooms. Holding in tears of humiliation I shove my slimed hair under the running water of a sink. That girl is going to get it someday and I'll be there to watch her downfall with such great relish she may just as well disintegrate to dust for all I care.

As the last of the remenants of gravy run free I turn off the sink and squeeze the excess water out. Then reach blindly towards the towel dispenser.  Roughly scrubbing my hair as dry as I can and grabing a final towel to dry my face. I open my eyes slowly, hoping no soap is left.

My reflection in the mirror shows a tall thin girl in a large baggy shirt, glasses falling down her nose, and a mop of stringy damp hair, curling on the ends. The face in the mirror shows fierce eyes and a tired body line. I can barely hold myself up as the emotional strain and physical exhaustion threatens to overwhelm me.

Bolstering my strength I encourage myself, there's only two more classes left, then you can leave this place behind...   With a gentle shove, the door slides open and I shuffle in the direction of my next class. There's no way in hell im going back to the cafeteria...

Passing through the deserted hallways hearing only the squeak of my shoes against the floor I imagine what the world would be like if there was no Skiavoni's in it..

I still have a good fifteen minutes to go till the next class starts, so after passing the next turn I fit into a comfortable nook in front of a classroom door, and just absorb the sounds around me. The hum of the air conditioning creates a calming background  to my internal musings and meditation.

My head slowly rests against the wall, and I release a sigh of pure contentment. With no one around all seems at peace, leaving my problems free to break loose, if only for a while. 

About five minutes later my attention is arroused as I hear scuffling on the other side of the door I had previously taken granted for being empty. Shocked I have no time before the door flys open,

almost crushing me when it swings outward. I clumsily try to stand, my legs getting tangled as I try to get loose from myself and the door. Confused I look at who rushes from the door...

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

**********************************************************************************************

Who squished her? lol

Poor girl, she cant get a break. Any ways , tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading

Vote!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PS note. I'm adding a picture( I have no ownership of this photo etc...) its of Kate Beckensale. ( Serenity)