"Always" Inquisition!Varric x Chubby!Reader Oneshot

"Eating better would help. Like not having sweets so much..."

"Too slow to fight..."

"Perhaps if you lost some weight..."

These were just some of the words you heard everyday since you became the Herald and it wasn't letting up even as you became the Inquisitor.

You walked up the stairs to your bedchambers in the tower at Skyhold thinking over why everyone seemed disgusted by your looks. You admit you're not fast due to the weight but you still kicked any demons ass that came across your path.
Even though you have closed multiple Rifts throughout Thedas, nobles and commoners alike have been ridiculing you for over a year.
You have tried to lose the weight with hardly any results and the constant bantering insults made you disheartened.

You reached your room, turned the knob and entered and after going up another small set of stairs, you reached the top, exhausted.
"Hey, babe." A voice reached your ears. You turned to your very large bed to see your love, Varric Tethras, under the covers, hair down and reading a book.
You replied with a quiet "Hey" and trudged over to the closet to undress.
"So, how was the meeting? By the looks of you, didn't go too well?" Asked Varric without looking away from his mystery novel. You had gotten your pants off and started taking your top off, "Not really. Almost the whole time the damn nobles kept pointing out my flaws." You reply, muffled, under the shirt.
"Ah, don't let them get to you, sweetheart. They're only jealous of your looks. I tell you this all the time." Varric grinned.
You sighed heavily as you got your top off. He always said that but you didn't know if he knew exactly what flaws you were referring to.
Varric heard you sigh and looked away from the book, "You okay, babe?"
You starred at the full size mirror in the closet, bare.
"Why do I have this body? Why can't I be beautiful?" These thoughts clouded you mind. You replied to Varric with, "I'm fine." and changed into your baggy night clothes and walked out to be greeted with Varric smirking, lustly, at you while patting the empty spot in the bed for you to lay on.
You blushed at this notion and went to lay down next to him while not making eye contact with him. He chuckled at this.
After getting in bed, you went to snuggle into the covers and moved closer to Varric, you looked at him finally to see him staring back at you with a smile.
"What?"
"Nothing...just wondering how I got so lucky being with you."
You blushed again at that statement and looked away again.
"Heh, I should be wondering that." You said with a sad smile.
"Oh?" He questioned.
"Yeah, I mean...how did I, a pitiful excuse of a person, get to be with such an amazing man? How the hell did that happen?" You didn't realize what you said til Varric asked, "Pitiful excuse? What the hell--where is this coming from?"
"Varric, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly noble material. I'm not...I'm not beautiful, I'm ugly with a capital U. Everyone keeps criticizing me on my looks...and when I say looks, I mean size or weight however you wanna put it. I tire easily, I eat more than I should, I--" You were interrupted by Varric lips upon yours suddenly. You were surprised by the sudden move but slowly closed your eyes. You felt his tongue against your closed lips and gave him access. You both fought for dominance but he won in the end and pulled away.
"I don't give a shit about what people say about you. You're beautiful, smart, kind, loyal, funny and damn sarcastic that you could be in a smart ass contest." He said while you recovered from your daze.
"People like those damn nobles are nothing but people who take pleasure in putting down others cause they don't feel good about themselves." You stared at him with tears forming in your eyes as he took hold of you hand and pressed it to his chest.
"You feel that? That...that there is my heart beating for you. You and you alone. Nothing is going to keep me away from you. Got it, babe?" He looked at you with such seriousness and such love that you broke down crying. You pulled him towards you, your head on his chest, listening to his heart as it beats alongside yours.
"Thank you, Varric...thank you...for loving me..." You sobbed as he caressed your back and kissed the top of your head.
"That's what I'm here for...always."
<><><><><><><><><><>
A/N: Whew! First fic done! I liked how it turned out. Let me know what you guys think. Have any chubby!reader requests? Message me.