Part 1

Anya was laying on her couch lazily, didn't know what else to do. She was supposed to have a date with her boyfriend Marcus but he suddenly canceled it at the last minute, he said his boss called him for a sudden meeting. She was already dress up and ready to go. Now her Friday night was canceled she had nothing else to do beside watching Netflix, and she rather did chores than sitting throught the night watching Netflix.

She decided to call her best friend Sebastian and asked if he would like to hang out tonight. He didn't pick up the first time nor the second.

Okay, third times is a charm right?

"Hey, what's up babe?" the other person on the line finally answered.

"Well Marc canceled our date so I'm free for tonight if you wanna hang out or something?"

she was a little bit hesitant about calling Seb tonight, afraid that he would be busy. And judging from the loud music on the background, she was 100% right. Seb was probably partying in some random club, he loved partying so much. She sometimes wondered will there ever be a time when he stop partying.

"Oh, what were you saying again? Sorry it was really loud in here"

"Well I asked you if you would like to hang out with me since Marc was called by his boss, but I guess you are busy so just forget it" she said dissappointedly

"Well yeah I'm really sorry my dear, but this isn't just random party I'm actually invited to this one"

his chuckle filled Anya's ears which also made her let out a laugh. Seb was known for crashing random party with some of his friends, they didn't like to throw their own party cause he said the aftermath was too tiring to clean up.

"It's okay, I guess I can just go finished some paperworks"

"Oh no no cupcakes, you are not allowed to do boring stuff on Friday night. Why don't you wait for him in his house? Surprise him, make dinner for you two or something" she could hear his suggestive tone and cringed at how gross it was.

She was still a virgin, as far as she had ever been with a man was a make out. She intended to keep herself for her future husband later.

"That's probably the best idea you've ever give to me, the dinner thing I mean"

"You're welcome girl, now shoo I have a party to attend" then the line went dead.

She decided to go with Sebastian's idea, and prepared the everything she would need before going to buy the ingredients. She thought it was a lot easier to cook in her apartmen instead in Marc's kitchen, beside she didn't want to make Marc's kitchen became messy. She knew messy room was the last thing Marc need after going home from work.

After everything was set Anya put on her jacket and gloves she was ready to hit the cold night. Winter was nearing so the weather was really cold especially at night, even when she already had 3 layers of clothes she could still feel the cold wind seeping through her clothes.

She walked to the nearest supermarket in her neighborhood, it was just a 15 minutes walk. She was glad when she reached the supermarket as warm engulfed her. She quickly looked for ingredients to make Lasagna, it was Marcus' favorite.

It took her one and a half hours to cook the Lasagna. The fresh Lasagna was already wrapped with plastic wrap. She smiled at her masterpiece, the thought of Marcus coming home surprised that she already made him his favorite food for dinner made her hearth bloom with glee.

She grabbed her car key and locked her apartment. Marcus lived in a different neighborhood as her, it was an hour drive from her apartment. He also had better apartment than her, it was three times bigger than hers. Marcus worked in a big company, while Anya was only a florist with her own shop. She did her job as she studied in Medical School, being a doctor was her main dream while florist was just as a hobby that made money. She was lucky her parents were wealthy enough to bought her an apartment and a place to open her bussiness since her income would never be enough to buy something like that.

Anya's petite body was filled with anticipation as she saw Marcus' building in the distance. She looked at her wristwatch, the clockwise was pointing at 10:40. She parked her car across the building, not too far away from the entrance.

I hope Marcus is home already

As the tought crossed her mind, she saw Marcus' car approaching the driveway. She was ready to cross the street with Lasagna in her hands. She was nervous and happy at the same time, but that happy feeling disappear as the car stopped and Marcus opened the passanger door for a brunette in fancy dress. The girl was beautiful, with long tanned legs and she had curves in all the right places, she looked like a model out of Vogue's cover.

Marcus took her hand and passed his key to the valet on the entrance. She stood frozen on the other side of the road, her mind was filled with bad thoughts. Before the bad thoughts consumed her, her consciousness was pulling her back to reality. The good part of her tried to tell her not to assume something bad, maybe it was just bussiness.But, her heart knew better it was not business at all. So she decided to investigate things, she pulled her hoodie tighter and hid her face with it. Luckily they were still in the Lobby talking about something, and it looked like they were not planning to go upstairs anytime soon. She went closer to their seat, trying to look as normal as she could. She sat back to back with Marcus in a non-fancy-throne kind of chair so it would hide her figure from the couple.

She could hear them very clearly from where she sat, so there was no way she could misheard Marcus called her Baby and all the others end endearments to the lady sitting across from him. Her heart was shattering into pieces as she realized she just cought Marcus cheating on her. She never thought Marcus to be that kind of guy, he had all husband materials in him. She was too hurt to realize they were already gone into the elevator. She sat still while holding her Lasagna tightly, she couldn't trust her legs to walk as her legs were feeling numb. Strangely, not a single tears were coming from her eyes, she was too shocked to feel anything else.

For a long time Anya just sat there gathering all her strenght to stand up and walked. As she was about to walk to the front door her eyes went to the Lasagna in her hands then she laughed at how pathetic she was thinking that she could surprise Marcus. It turned out she was the one who was being surprised, shocked even.

What a waste! I should just give this Lasagna to someone else

She thought to herself, then an idea formed in her sick mind. She went to the front desk and rang the bell. A man in black suit came with a smile on his face, he asked her what he could do to help her. Anya took a deep breath to steady her voice, she knew it would be shacky and she didn't want to embrassed herself more than she had.

"Yes, can you send this food to Mr. Marcus Holler?"

"Sorry Miss, but I'm afraid I can't do that. It's against the security policy here" She was about to scowl at the man, but she thought it would be better not to. She gave him her best fake pout

"Please, I planned to surprise him but something urgent suddenly come up. I just can't let this food go to waste" She gave him a begging face, hoping that he would change his mind. He was thinking about it for about a minute before he finally decided.

"Okay then Miss, I would give it to Mr. Holler. Can you give me your name, please?"

"Uh, I will just write my name on a card. Do you have sticky note?" He grabbed sticky note from the table and gave it to Anya with a pen.

Anya wrote a smiley face and her initial at the bottom right then sticked it to the wrapper.

"Thank you" she said to him then walked away

She remembered a moment when Marc randomly told her how he felt about the smiley face. He said it looked like a fake smile to him, she didn't want to give him satisfication so she disagreed with him. He tickled her to death and she ended up giving up to him and agreed.

She knew it was a right time to use that smiley face in action. She wanted to make him felt guilty for cheating on her.

She was feeling numb as she drove home, it was like her body working in auto-pilot. When she first step a foot into her apartment suddenly everything hit her like a Tsunami. It was the worst feeling ever, she felt suffocated. As if her ground was breaking and she would fall into a bottomless hole. She let her tears fall endlessly, it was a silent cry but anyone can see how hurt she really was. She always thought Marc was her prince charming, that he would make her boring life felt complete. She gave all her heart to him, believing that he would take care of it and cherished her heart. She never thought that Marc was capable of doing something like that. He was her first love, her first kiss, he was her first everything.