Surprise

Me and Sam have been together for about five months. We've been through a lot. Yes we had our fights here and there, but we get through them. He's really sweet. And he has something planned for us tomorrow night. He won't tell me what though. It was pretty late so I decided to go to bed. I brushed my teeth and got under the covers. I closed my eyes and expected to fall asleep right away but I couldn't. So I stared at the wall until I got sleepy.

I miss him. This usually happens at night. When I'm tired. I can't sleep so my brain thinks it's a good time to replay old memories. I miss his touch. His voice. His hair. I miss him. I think about him every night and how he's probably with some girl. He's probably so happy.

Yahya's POV

I can't sleep. She's on my mind. Has been since we broke up. I haven't been with anyone else either. The endless one night stands every week haven't helped either. So I stopped after about a month. I've tried but all I see is her. I really miss her. I would do anything just to see her again. She's probably so happy with that boyfriend of hers. I bet she doesn't even think of me. Little does she know she's driving me insane knowing that I'm not the reason for her smile anymore.

Haneen's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. The sun made its way through the binds and into my room.
"Can't wait till you come over today!" Sam's text read.
I replied and went downstairs for some breakfast. I had a bowl of cereal with fruit in it. I took my bowl to the living room and sat next to my mom.
"Good morning." My mom greeted me.
"Morning mama." She was flipping through channels until she stopped on her morning show.
"Sam has something for me today. He won't tell me what it is though." I told her.
"That's nice and I guess you'll find out tonight won't you."
"Yeah but I'm nervous. Ya know?"
"Yeah. I do. I have to get going for work but I'll see you tonight." She waved and went to work.
I changed the channel to "Friends" and watched as I ate my cereal.

A few hours later I decided to get ready. I showered then did my makeup. I changed into a cute outfit and paired it with a nice purse. It was still early so I decided to go to the market to pick up something for Sam tonight. I went downstairs to my car and drove to the nearest market. Making my way to the bakery I scanned the food debating on what to get. I went to grab a red velvet cake when another pair of hands grabbed it too. I looked up and tried to hold back the tears.
"Here. You take it." He handed me the cake.
"You sure?"
"Yeah. How are you." He asked.
He hasn't changed a bit. Still the same curly hair but his eyes went a shade darker.
"Good. Very happy." I forced a smile. "How about you."
"Good. Good. How's your boyfriend."
"Sam. He's great. I love him. I'm happier than I've ever been.Are you seeing anyone?" I'm going to hell for that, I swear.
"Nope. Not since you anyway."
"Um. I.." I couldn't say it.
"It was nice running into you Haneen." He leaned in for a hug. And everything hit me. All the memories, everything. I couldn't fight the tears any longer.
"I gotta go." I ran off as fast as possible.
"Haneen! Wait!" I heard him yell. I ran to my car completely forgetting about the cake.
I quickly payed for it and then went to my car. I cried my eyes for a good ten minutes until I pulled myself together. I fixed my makeup and took a deep breath. I drove to Sam's house and parked my car then grabbing the cake.
I rang the doorbell and waited for him to answer.

"Haneen." He hugged me and took me inside. "Are you hungry?"
"Starved." I joked as he led me to the kitchen. I gasped. The round table has a rise petals and candles on it. Two plates of spaghetti and breadsticks were set on the table.
"What is all this?"
"Just a lovely dinner. Sit." He told me as he pulled my chair out for me.
I sat down and he poured me a glass of water.
I began eating my pasta.
"Remember when you made me spaghetti at your house." He smiled.
"Yeah I do." His beard looked so nice today. I admired his beauty.
We ate our food and when we finished we washed the dishes together. We decided on sitting on the porch for some fresh air, so that's what we did. We didn't say anything for a while. I just admired the stars in the sky.
"Haneen. I love you." He broke the silence.
"I love everything about you. I think you're amazing in every way. You make me feel so much happier when I'm with you and when you're not, I feel unlike myself. You complete me and without you I wouldn't be the man I am today. I think of you when I wake up and when I go to bed. When I look at you I feel at home. Haneen." He paused and just as I was going to say something he said the four words that made my heart skip a beat.
"Will you marry me?"
I looked at him and he scanned my eyes for an answer. I wanted to say yes. I really did.
"Sam. I.."
"Haneen, say it. Say yes." He scanned my eyes.
"Yes. I'll marry you." I smiled.
He let out a breath of relief and smiled as he picked me up and hugged me.
"I'm going to talk to you're parents to make sure it's okay with them."
"Sounds good." I smiled at him.

I should be happy. I should. But something isn't right.