First Day

Kate's POV

I step out of my hummer and put my keys in my back pocket with my wallet and I start toward the school. I notice someone on the front steps of the school, smoking a cigarette and listening to music loudly. "Excuse me, where's room 420?" I ask and she started chuckling. "What's so funny?" I say, completely confused. "It's another term for Weed, Ms. uhhh" I smile "McKinnon and your name is?" She smiles back, puts out her cigarette and links her arm with mine, "Rowan Rose, right this way Ms. Mckinnon. " We arrive at my classroom, I thank Rowan and start to unpack my things.

8th period rolls around and the late bell rings, signaling the students in the room to quiet down.

"Settle down! I'm your new Health teacher, Ms. McKinnon." I say, hoping to grab the kids' attention. "Are you gay?" One of the 'jocks' yells and I sigh. "Yes, and if you have a problem then you can go ahead and leave my classroom." I say sternly to be intimidating. The girl from earlier points to a boy in the room "You owe me 50, Josh!" She yells, "Miss Rose. See me after class." I glare at her and turn around to begin the lesson then a whistle stops me in my tracks and I pause and begin again. "The human body when it's fully grown has 206 bones in total, some people with defects have more or less, it depends...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   The class period ends and I see Rowan try to sneak out of my room. "Rowan, get back here." I say and she sighs loudly and walks up to my desk. "So...you had a bet going that I was gay?" I ask curiously. "Yeah, my gaydar started going off when I saw your hummer" I chuckle, "Aren't you straight?" She starts laughing hysterically, "What? Did I offend you?" "No, Ms. It's just....I'm gay as hell! I'm the gayest person in this school and everyone knows it." I subconsciously bite my lip, and smile. "I love your smile, it's so.....perfect." I blush, shit. Kate, no no no, she's your student, it's illegal. "How old are you?" I blurt out unexpectedly. "18" she smiles as she replies. "I'm legal." then she winks. I start coughing and she laughs. "Caught ya off guard didn't I?" "Indeed, I'll see you tomorrow Miss Rose, have a good night"