(Chapter 2) The Bad Boys' Promise

Chapter 2

It's been a week since I've been at this new school. I've seen my brother in the hospital almost two days ago. Also a week since the last time me and Austin talked. He hasn't been coming to school nowadays. Whenever I asked Melina she would only say, "It's the usual, he never comes to school."

I honestly don't know why he'd always be in my mind but I guess it's because ever since that night, when he looked at me, he intrigued me like no way anyone else has. It's like he put me under some spell that I have to break.

"Rylie, come on! It's the last period of the day and we have so much to do after school. I just wanna get this over with at least." Melina said. Me and her had gotten pretty ok. She's still my only friend and I'm hers but she does have others. She'd forced me to sleep over at her house tonight, making me go to a some party with her because she wanted to see, Joshua Lenington, the La Vernia High football quarterback who goes to every party. No joking. And she wanted her 'bestie' (yes, me).

"Ok." I said following her towards the last class of the day which we had together. I walked in ready for all the mean hate people had been giving me. Well not people, mostly random girls.

"Slut."

"Loser."

"Whore."

"Ugly piece of shi-"

"Shut the fuck up you fucking cock eyed bitch." Melina said in the deadliest tone I'd ever heard from her.

"Who the fuck are you?" One of the hating blondes sneered.

"I'm Rylie's friend and you are? A bitch that needs to learn to shut the fuck up before I make you." Melina said. By then the entire class had gone quiet listening to the verbal fight. I'm pretty sure everyone was wondering where the teacher was, or was it just me?

"Whatever, I really don't care about you. It's Riley who's being a little pussy and can't even stand up for herself. Look at her! She's just standing there like the little bitch she is!" She said getting closer up to me. She began to look me in the eyes. I had to look up to her because she was taller than me since she was wearing monstrous heels. My eyes began to water. No. I can't cry. I vowed ever since that day, I'd never cry again. Not over things so useless.

"You are loser. A whore. A slut. An ugly piece of shit, that no guy would ever want or will want." The blonde sneered. I ran out of the classroom right when the teacher was going on. I ran into the bathroom and screamed and trashing things in the bathroom. I've been called so many things but it's never hurt me so much before. I just- I just wish sometimes all the negative things in life would go away and someone or something would help me. Just then Melina came in panting. She looked at me as she got closer to me. She grabbed me closely and rubbed my back soothingly. I was surprised no one heard me.

"It's okay, shhh. It won't happen again, ok?" She said and I tried calming down. We sat in there for about ten minutes. With Melina trying to make me smile somehow and telling me all the shit she'd do to anyone for hurting me.

"Let's get outta here before schools over." She said and I nodded. She got up and then helped me up.

"Let's make it before that school monitor bitch gets us." She said and I laughed softly nodding. She moved swiftly down the hallways pulling me down with her.

"Hey!" Someone screamed we both looked back and it was that school monitor!

"Fuck you!" Melina screamed and we ran to the outside of the school. We got in her car panting and drove away laughing. It's been awhile since I had laughed. I then looked into the mirror and laughed again.