0.1

Hecate and the awakening 

"Poison painted nails and a cherry red smile"

[2 YEARS BEFORE APOCALYPSE] 

normalcy wasn't something normal for the Maximoff family, with the eldest Maximoff being Peter of whom was the first born and the first of four to be born with a power. Each of the Maximoffs had a power, albeit some hadn't been triggered for them yet, although Peter had his powers first he wasn't the most powerful.

The burden of most powerful and dangerous had gone to the second and last born of Magneto, Maya Maximoff the second born, as the middle child she was rendered the least special, although her mother made sure that she loved each of her children equally Maya had always known she would never have the honour of being her mothers first child or her last.

Despite growing up with her brother running around the house at the speed of light she was never envious of his power, unbeknown to her powers of her own would soon wreak havoc, which is evidently where the best and worst moments of her life began.

"Maya!, is Peter awake yet?" her mothers voice rang out through the bustling house

"How should I know?" Maya spoke as she trampled down the stairs with her bag over her shoulder ready to leave for school

"because you were supposed to get him up so he could find a job!" Magda replied, rushing around the house trying to get all the kids and herself ready for the first day was taking it toll on her

"Okay, Ill go get him up now, don't worry" her voice remained calm and sincere as she watched the mornings effect on her mother.

Encasing her hand around her mothers shoulder comfortingly before releasing it and heading towards the basement door, the room in which her brothers room was, she knocked on the door before calling out

"Peter, are you up?"

no reply.

"Peter!"

groaning she opened the door and raced down the steps,as her feet padded downwards her ears began to hear the soft clink of a pinball machine,knowing her brother fairly well what she had already known had been confirmed when she hit the last step.

Her brother stood in place with a blank expression playing a game in his pyjamas obviously with what perceived to be no intention of going out today.

"Peter." She said
He gave no reply only continued to play his game,frustrated with her brother she stomped past him and ripped the plug for the game out of its socket and held it up to him

"what the hell?" he groaned in protest before zooming over to the couch and sitting on it

"you need to get up moms having enough trouble as it is" Maya replied turning towards him and dropping the cord, his face fell realising that today was the day he promised his mother he would look for a job.

"Look, I Know its been rough lately but I start work at the store today and all you need to do to get mom off your back is apply to a few jobs" she said, she had noticed his face fall at her previous words and with no intention of making her brother feel bad she decided to lend him a hand.