Ch.1- Guren

How does it feel to have about thirty weapons pointed at you?

Not so good.

You bristle and stand as still as you can, a demonic sword pressed up against your throat.

"They are not your enemies!" Yuu's voice is strained as he struggles against the two humans holding him back.

You look over at Mika, careful to move only your eyes. He also has a blade to his neck, and an arrow aimed at his back.

The crowd parts, and a tall man steps forward.

He is wearing a different uniform than the rest, and he seems to be in authority.

"Guren! You need to listen to me!"

Guren ignores the distressed boy and stops in front of Mika.

"Why have you come here?"

Mika swallows, his faint Adam's apple bobbing.

"We came to fight. With the humans."

He keeps his voice as steady as he can.

Guren's facial expression does not change as he continues walking.

Now he stands in front of you.

"Why would two bloodsuckers want to do such a thing?"

Your throat is suddenly dry.

"Me and Mikaela Hyakuya, Yuu's brother, were forcefully changed into vampires, to fight in the army. We do not believe that the Vampire's.... Cause.... Is right."

Gurens eyebrow twitches.

"How do we know that you aren't attempting to slaughter us from within?"

You gulp, mind racing.

What should I say? What should I say??

Guren gives a signal and the blade is removed from your throat.

You almost feel relief, before he knocks you to the ground.

Mika cries out.

"(Name)!"

Your head connects with the pavement, and you bite down on your tongue, hard. Blood fills your mouth.

You crack open your eyes, look up. Mika is fighting to break free, but the sheer number of humans holding him down are enough to restrain even a noble such as him.

Guren grinds a boot into your skull, and stars flash across your vision.

"Convince me or I kill you where you lie, bloodsucker."

He draws his sword.