Ch.14- Gathering

Nobles from around the world poured into the battlefields, almost overnight.

They came by jet, by helicopter, by plane, even some on foot.

It was as if all of them were called there by an unknown force.

Which they were.

And, abruptly, for the first time since the apocalypse, the vampires stopped attacking.

The battlefields were silent, and nobles and vampires attacked would simply leave the area, fleeing from attacks with a smirk.

The more vampires spotted, the less violence there was.

Guren, of course, and all of the human leaders, did not take this well.

Every human who could swing a sword was called to the army, and members of the Moon Demon Company, spread out across the territory, were all called back to join the mass human army.

Everyone could sense that something big was going to happen, and though human swords never clashed with vampires, the silence across the battlefield added to the tension everyone felt.

Even Shinoa was a nervous.

Then, after one and a half tense days of silence, it was the morning of the blood moon.

All of the nobles collected in one mass of white. There were, at the least, fifty of them. All as strong or stronger than Ferid and Crowley.

The vampires made no move to attack.

Guren concluded that they must be waiting until nighttime.

So, at dusk, he sent in his troops.

You and Mika, unfortunately, were in the front.