Chapther one

Today was my last day of senior year finally! I'm going to miss all of my friends and my boyfriend Jack Over the summer. But I hope to see him even though I doubt it. If by chance you are wondering how jack and I met was two years ago. We were both at Miami beach enjoying the beautiful weather. Jack was hanging out with his friends and so was I. My best friend lily was staring at Jack friend Connor. "Hey Lily who are you starting at" said Evie. "This really cute boy" said Lily. Then why don't you go up to him and tell him how you feel. "Okay fine if I do then you have to come with me" said Lily. When Lily told me that I got really nervous, then I told myself that if my friends and I ever get in a situation we must stick together. So I went with her and that's when I saw Jack. Lily started talking to Connor about how she feels about him. Jack kept looking at me, then I started to blush because he was cute. On the other hand I never felt this way about anyone before so I made the first move. We started talking about things we like to do and we had so much in common. He had to leave for a baseball game, "when will I get to see you again" said Jack. I got up and told him soon then I kissed his cheek. Jack started to blush and he wasn't the only one. I started walking to my spot. Lily was running up to me with a huge smile on her face. "How was it with you and Connor" I said. "Well I started making small talk with him like what does he likes to do and everything then I came out with it; I told him that I had feelings for him, and Connor looked at me with a smile then told me it's about time and he kissed me" said Lily. We should come to the beach more often. I went home after a long day; my dad was in the dinning room table writing something like a letter. I hugged him behind his back and told him how was his day while my mom was making dinner. I could tell he was upset because he didn't say a word. I told him that we should go outside and play catch. He couldn't say no, so we went outside. At one point he threw the ball so high up I was looking for it then he tackled me out of no where. The ball came down but it hit the next door neighbor car. So we ran inside laughing. Dinner was ready, we had tamales with Mexican rice it was really delicious. After dinner I went up to my room, and I say a gift on my bed with a note attached to it. I started laughing because it was from my best friend  Lily and when it's our birthdays we always give each other silly gifts. This year she gave me fuzzy slippers because when I was a little girl I was scared of monkeys but I'm over it now. The next day was my birthday, it's official I'm seventeen years old now! My dad came in my room singing las manitãs a Mexican song which is like the happy birthday song but in Spanish. Jack didn't come over to wish me happy birthday or even bother to text or call me which got me upset. Lily came over and made me change my frown upside down. She took me to the mall for a spa day and a little shopping which was the highlight of my day. Until we ran into Connor he told me happy birthday, when he told me that I wanted to cry because Jack and Connor look a like then I started being sad. Lily was was wondering where Jack could be, Connor told us that Jack was in New York with his dad for the whole summer. A tear ran down my face, I felt like this was all my fault so I ran home. Two hours later I get to my front lawn and I saw a bunch of police officers in front of my house. I figured something must be wrong so I ran inside. A police officer named Marco was talking to my mom. I was wondering where could my dad be, so I started searching the house and he was no where to be found. I then went back to the living room when I heard my mom crying."Vanessa can you come here for a second" said my mom. I then went next to her, she couldn't stop crying. "Hello Vanessa my name is Marco today we got a call saying that your father got in s terrible car accident I'm sorry" said police officer Marco. I started crying so much that I went up to my room. "Thank you police officers for all your help" said my mom. " if you never need anything here is my card" said Marco. A few minutes later when the police officers left, my mom came up to my room. I didn't even get a chance to know my father. She put her hands on my knees and rubs my head, I wanted to sleep but I couldn't stop thinking about my dad or Jack. My mom started singing a song that my dad use to sing to me when I was a little girl, I started crying again. Then I went to bed without even knowing it. I felt that my life as I know was falling apart.