Part 4

"I need him! I need him here!'' I cry out admits all the craziness that is going on around me.

"He can't be here Bea. But I know you can do this, you're strong!" Lucy tells me as she squeezes my hand in reassurance.

"AAHHH!!" I cry out in pain as I feel a contraction kicking in.

"Shh, it's going to be okay, just a little longer," Lucy tries to comfort me.

"She's right, it's almost time to push," the doctor tells me.

"Can you try calling Matt again? I need him, I just need to hear his voice," I ask Lucy.

"Of course," Lucy says before trying to call Matt again. She's tried several times, but she hasn't had any luck yet. There was no way I was doing this without him, even if he can't be here in person, he should at least be able to hear the first sounds his child makes.

"Matt! I'm so happy you picked up! Bea is about to give birth!" I hear Lucy say, making a feeling of relief wash over me.

"Yeah, I'll hand her the phone right now!" Lucy says before holding out the phone to me, which I quickly take from her.

"Matt!" I say in relief once I hold the phone to my ear.

"Hey baby, I'm here. Everything is going to be alright," Matt says, making me feel calmer already.

"I know. I just wish you could be here."

"Me too, but just a few more months and then I'll be back. I can't wait to see you and our little baby."

"AAHHH!!" I cry out in pain as another contraction kicks in.

"Are you okay baby?" Matt asks worried.

"Yeah, it was just a contraction."

"How much longer?"

"The doctor said I can start pushing soon."

"That's great baby, just hold on for a little longer."

"Alright, it's time!" the doctor announces.

"Did you hear that?" I ask Matt.

"I did and I know you can do it."

"Just keep talking to me."

"PUSH!" the doctor tells me and I push as if my life depended on it.

"I'm right here baby, you can do this. Don't worry about anything, just concentrate on my voice," Matt tells me and I do as he tells me.

"PUSH!" the doctor tells me again and once again I push as hard as I can.

"Come on baby, you can do it!" Matt tells me.

After what feels like forever, I am finally holding my baby girl in my arms. Tears are forming in my eyes as I admire how beautiful she is while she's sleeping in my arms.

"She's beautiful," I tell Matt over the phone.

"She must look like you then," Matt says, making me chuckle.

"She looks like both of us."

"I can't wait to see her."

"I can't wait to see you."

"Me neither baby."

"Excuse me, do you have a name for her yet?" a nurse interrupts.

"Yeah, we do," I reply with a smile, thinking about the time Matt and I decided on names.