Our Cruel Dark World

"Stop, stop,stop, stop!" I yelled over Kira talking. She kept talking about zombies and blood and guts.....Ew. "Come on! Zombies won't exist until like, oh I dunno, 2037!" I made a disgusted face at her. How could she not get the chills?! "Y- you don't know that! This world is dark and cruel!" Kira rolled her eyes, then widened them. "What?" I asked. I then turned around. It was Jocelyn! "Okay, okay. You know the drill." We both reached for our backpacks and pulled out stacks of bubble wrap and wrapped it around ourselves. You see, Jocelyn had a habit of slapping and punching people. This was her first year of going to this school, so I cut her some slack and became her best friend. She walked up to us with a smile and laughed. Then, of course, she punched us in the stomach. "Protected!" I yelled. As she pulled back her hand, I saw Kira grab it and stare in shock. "WHAT?!" Jocelyn and I yelled in unison. "What the heck is that bite mark?!?!?" She yelled also. Jocelyn jerked back her hand and took a look herself. "I don't know! Now stop grabbing me!" "Stop slapping me." I replied. She shot a death stare at me, I put my hands up in surrender. Then it hit me.

"ZOMBIE!!!!!!!" I screamed.

Everyone is the hallway turned to face me. I looked around in embarrassment. "Sorry!" I threw my attention back to my friends and everyone returned to doing their stuff.

"Don't be silly, Milo. Zombies don't exist!" I shot her the same disgusted look I gave Kira. "Don't be so sure!" In the middle of our argument, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I spun around on my heel and noticed it was Kira. "Yes?" "Dismissal time soon. Sleepover?" "Naw. My mom said on the phone, the house is, apparently, too trashy." "Mkay."

The bell finally rang. I said my goodbyes to my friends and waited out in carpool for my car. My carpool friends, waited in our spot where we always stood. "Hey Chelsea, hey Julie, hey Katherine." They waved back. Suddenly, they turned me all around and pushed me towards another group of friends. "Hey, hey! What's-" I soon noticed who's group this was.

Brandon's.

Brandon. The most awesome, amazing, hot, semi bad boy ever. My senpai, crush, love. After they pushed me towards him, they pushed me harder to make sure I fell in between their group. "Aye!" Brandon yelled. I rubbed my head in pain and looked up. Then, HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS. Brandon is holding out his hand. GOALS.

I hesitated, then as I reached out to grab it, my friend Kath pushed him out the way and pulled me up instead. "KATH!"

_____________________________________________________________________

"AHHHH!" I heard a person scream. But I was too exhausted to get up. My bed was super comfy. Then I heard it again. Then again. I finally sat up and screamed out the window, "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU -" I felt myself go pale as a saw what was on my bed. "AHHHH!" I yelled. It was a mother freaking HEAD! I was going to run to my parents, but I forgot they were in New York on a business trip. Fml.

I scrambled to my feet and quickly grabbed my phone to call Kira. "Come on! Pick up!"
After a few rings, she finally picked up. But before I could speak, she did. "MILO??? Are you okay?? Nauseous?? AFRAID?? HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" "Kira, calm down-" she gasped. "HOW CAN I CALM DOWN??!?!?! THEIR IS A DEAD BODY IN MY ROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!"

This is more serious than I thought.

"Okay, come over." I heard her swallow hard. "Okay..only if I can make my way out without vomiting...." she hung up the phone. I rubbed my temples in frustration, then I laughed. I seriously just slept through an apocalypse...