Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Why was it so crowded on a Saturday morning? Damien had given up his seat to an elderly lady earlier and was standing as there were no more seats available. The announcement sounded out as the train pulled into the next station. Damien looked up, this was her stop. The train stopped and the door opened. She walked right in, only to be shoved in from behind by an impatient passenger who was trying to get on as well. Damien frowned. Damn idiots!

As more people tried to get on, she was shuffled in right in front of him, facing him. Damien did not know who to thank, the impatient passengers or God. She was literally pressed up against him. Well, almost against him. If the train were to do an emergency break, she would literally fall onto his chest and into his arms. She had not yet realised that she was that close to him. Damien smirked as he thought about what she would feel like in his arms. He was shaken from his thoughts when he felt a bump and then a warm hand on his chest. He looked down and she was looking right back at him in utter surprise.

"I'm sorry", she said quickly and tried to move her hand away.

#

Sam wanted to die, literally wanted to die on the spot. She had not realised that he was standing right in front of her, and she was almost pressed up against him. The bloody idiot behind her had to move and shoved her forward to make more room for himself. She natural used her hand as a way to stop herself from falling forward, not realising that it had landed on someone's chest. She had not realised that her hand was on his chest until she looked up at him. Oh! Those chest muscles were hard.

Sam tried to remove her hand from his chest, and realised that there was not much space to do so. She looked away in embarrassment and tried to take a small step back, but to no avail. The train was too crowded and cramped. Sam heard him chuckled. She turned to look back at him, and he was already laughing. Ok, this was not funny at all.

"I'm so sorry.” Sam said softly and tried to move her hand again. No space at all between them. The only thing separating their bodies was her hand. Not that she minded at all, but it was still embarrassing being pushed up so close to a complete stranger, albeit a very handsome one. He looked at her and grinned. “Don’t worry about it.” He said. His baritone voice sounded like music to her ears. "Looks like we are going to be stuck like that until you get off." he added. "Looks like it." she replied with a smile. Sam could feel a blush coming on and she quickly looked away.

#

Her hand felt warm on his chest and she smelled like vanilla and chocolates. Damien looked down at her and noticed that there was a faint trail of freckles across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her face was without makeup and her tanned skin glowed. She turned and she was looking right at him. A faint blush flushed across her cheeks.

"You're staring." she said softly. Damien grinned. He knew what he was doing. "I'm sorry. Being stuck on a crowded train, with a beautiful stranger pressed up to me, I can't help it." he teased. Damien was laughing at himself inwardly. He could not believe that he was flirting with a complete stranger and a very beautiful one.

"Well, I guess then it's really my lucky day. I'm stuck on a train and pressed up against a very handsome stranger.” she said softly and batted her eyelashes. Damien groaned inwardly. She was flirting alright. Damien smiled and she smiled back.

They stayed in this position, weirdly, in amiably silence, although still awkward, with her hand still on his chest, until it was almost time for her to get off.

#

"I'm Damien." he told her as they felt the crowd moving and giving them more space. Sam reluctantly removed her hand from his chest. It didn't seem right to leave it there. There seemed to be a flash of disappointment in his eyes but Sam ignored it. "Damien." she repeated, and he grinned. "Samantha.", she told him with a smile and held out her hand. He took hold of it and shook it. Wow! His hands are amazingly big.

"Samantha. That's a nice name.” Damien said with a smile. "Thank you, but you should thank my Dad for that.” Sam replied with a grin and took a small step back, widening the space between them. Not that Sam wanted to, but as good looking as Damien was, he was still a complete stranger.

The announcement sounded out as the train slowed down and entered the next station.

"This is me.", Sam said and looked at up Damien. She smiled and Damien smiled back. "You have a great day. And I'm sorry about earlier.” she added. Damien only shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I was just getting comfortable." he teased with his megawatt smile. Sam swore she was going to faint anytime. She needed to get out of there and get out fast.

"I'll see you around Samantha." Damien said. The train doors opened and Sam quickly got out. Sam stood at the platform and watched the doors closed and the train leave the station. She placed her hand over her heart and took a deep breath. That was way too close for comfort. As she walked towards the escalator, she wondered why he smelled like Rosemary and Mint.

#

Damien watched Sam as she walked towards the escalator. He grinned. At least he now knew her name and she knew his. They were no longer total complete strangers.

========================

Finally!

Sam and Damien have exchanged a few words, in the most compromising situation. Lol! Using my own personal experience of being squashed up against my date then, who now is my husband. It was weird and embarrassing, least to say. But yeah, it was one of those things we both remembered and laugh about now.

Vote if you guys liked this chapter.

Comment to let me know what you think.

Share and it will totally make my day!

=D

Love,

Reis xx