ᒪOᑕK Oᑎ!

"A festival?" I said out loud. Mr. Finn nodded with excitement. "Not only will we get the chance to practice in front of a live audience, but, we'll also get a break from all the hard work we've been doing!"
I tilt my head to the side, "are you sure? Vocalists aren't exactly a big deal." Everyone protests.
"Aw, c'mon Alison! I bet you're just scared!" Freddy teases. I scoff, "pfft. Me? Scared? You're kidding!" Tamika frowned, "you're just as important as we are! Don't get ahead of yourself, Alison."
I placed my hands behind my back, and sigh, "thanks, but, I'm still not sure." I wasn't good around big crowds. I'm okay with only practicing in front of my class, but, in front of a hundred, maybe even a thousand people!? I might as well just post a video of me on YouTube doing the Macarena. I haven't been to school for three days, and this is what I get!?

"So, when's this festival?" I ask, nonchalantly. Mr. Finn hesitated, "it's the day after tomorrow." I tensed and stood up abruptly. "The day after tomorrow!? Are you kidding me!?" I say. Lawrence chuckled a bit, "don't worry, we'll practice! We already picked a song!"
Freddy backed away from me a bit, as I glared menacingly  at Lawrence. "That's the problem, I don't know the song, yet!" I spat. Freddy placed his hands on my shoulders, "easy, easy, calm down. You'll be fine, we'll tell you what song it is, and you'll be able to learn the lyrics. Simple as that!" I sigh in exasperation, and slide back into my chair, "true, but, what if I mess up? Then it's going to be my fault for messing things up for us. Maybe I should just skip the whole thing."
Everyone stayed silent for a couple of minutes. That's when Matthew spoke up. (I actually forgot he was in the class).
"Wow, you really are a chicken. Why'd you even decide to join the band? You knew this was going to happen at some point!" He said. It hurt to know that that was true. I sighed, "thanks for the support, ya troll." He frowned, "you're welcome, I try very hard, you witch." I clenched my hands into fists, "whatever you idiot." Mr. Finn pointed at the both of us, "that's it you two. Matthew, apologize." Matthew just growled, "like I'd ever apologize to that brat!"
I turned around in my seat, "thanks for calling me a brat! I like the name!"
"You are so weird!" Matthew said.
"Deal with it you freakish Brit!" I spat out. Mr. Finn just sighed,  "Matthew, just apologize!"
"I'm sorry!" He said.
I smiled at him, "why thank you! I accept your apology!" I turned back around, and we continued with class.
"Not." I muttered.
ooo
We practiced with the song, 'Heart Attack,' by Demi Lovato. I messed up a couple of times, so I decided to sit it out. I told them I'd mess this up, I can't even try in practice anymore. I rested my head on my hand, while sitting
Cross-legged. I started drawing in my sketchbook (I'm a pretty good artist). They finally finished and I sighed. Suddenly, the sharp pain in my stomach came back, but I refused to show that I was in pain. I took a deep breath, "sorry I messed up, guys. I told you, I'm not good at these kind of things." Zach set his guitar on the floor, "maybe you were just nervous."
I stared at the floor. Summer came over to me and placed her hand on my back, "don't take it personal. We all go through something like this at some point in our lives."
I take another deep breath, but soon regret it, because the sharp pain comes back. They all seemed to notice, but I just shook it off, " sorry. I kinda wanted to sneeze." I lied.
Zach snickered, "listen, if you're having problems, just call one of us and we'll help you! Well, no exception from Freddy though."
Freddy glared at him, "hey, why not? I'm her best friend!" Lawrence just pushed his glasses into place, "it's because you live with her." Freddy grumbled to himself, and I chuckled a bit.
Well, time to go home, and get ready to lock on for tomorrow's practice!