Stuffed Penguins and Cuddles

"Really Dan?" Phil huffed in annoyance. Dan left his dress shirt on the sofa along with his set of ties from the brits earlier that year. Phil picked them up to reveal his laptop open and running on his youtube channel. "Oh.." Phil pondered on wether to look or not but chose against it as he closed the laptop and walked to Dans room to throw the clothes on Dans bed. Why did he even have those out? The brits were months ago. Phil scrapped the thought when he heard Dan coming through the front door. "Phil? You home?" Dan hollered as he laid the groceries on the kitchen counter. "In here!" Phil yelled as he sat back down on the couch, his mind still on the laptop that was previously open. Dan came into the lounge with a big grin on his face as he held something behind his back. "What do you have?" Phil asked wearily. Dan chuckled before revealing a stuffed Penguin from behind his back. "Look how precious it is!" Dan said as he tossed it at Phil.

Phil laughed at his boyfriends weird antics. Phil examined the penguin to see it had bright, blue, sparkly eyes. "I got it cause not only does it look like you but look at the tag." Dan pointed out excitedly as he cuddled into his true loves side. Phil flipped open the flap to see that the penguin was named Philly. Phil smiled fondly at the soft object in his hands. This normally wasn't like Dan to just buy random things at the store. That was Phil usually. If he saw something that even slightly reminded him of Dan he'd buy it and bring it home, hoping to get a cute reaction out of the younger man. Now a days he just got a kiss and thank you and that was the end of it but that didn't stop him from buying them. "I love you." Phil said softly, eyes not leaving the penguin. Dan looked over to see Phil just messing with the plushy in his hands. "You okay?" Dan asked, feeling slightly worried for Phil. Did he make him upset? Does he not like penguins? "Do you not like it?" Dan asked caustiously as he turned away from Phil. He was unsure why he was getting so emotional over a silly penguin. "What? No, Dan, I love it." Phil assured Dan as he put his hand on his shoulder. Dan sighed in relief as he looked into the eyes of his love. Damn those eyes, the reason he tripped into his shoulder when they first met. They were so breath taking.

Phil leaned in and pecked Dan on the lips before he walked over to the headboard of the fireplace as he set 'Philly' on top of it for everyone to see. Dan couldn't help the grin that spread across his face. He liked it. "Why do you care so much if I like a plush penguin?" Phil laughed as he slid back onto the couch for more cuddles. Dan let out a nervous chuckle. "I guess I just want the little things to count for you just as much as they count to me." Dan said. Phil gave him a confused look and Dan sighed. "I just want you to like the small things I buy you just as much as I like the small things you buy me." He huffed out in a rush that he almost didn't notice what happened next. Dan was now buried in the Sofa, Phil on top of him with hands cupped around his cheeks as Phil kissed him full of passion and love. When they pulled apart Dan had to catch a breath. "What was that?" He chuckled as he gasped for air. Phil had a huge smile on his face as his tongue poked out. That was another thing Dan loved about Phil. His cute smile. "I didn't think you liked the presents I'd brought home anymore.." Phil trailed off. Dan gasped. "I love them! They put me in the happiest mood. You could bring me home a fifty-cent bag of peanuts and it'd still make my day." Dan explained. Phil sighed as he cuddled into the crook of Dans neck and the two just laid there.

"Dan?" Phil mumbled groggily. It appeard the two of them had fallen asleep on the couch. But when Phil woke Dan was no where to be found. "Dan?" Phil yelled out, hoping for him to holler back. Nothing. Phil felt his heart race a bit in worry but chose not to freak out. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone to dial Dan. He gave the phone a moment then he heard the familiar jingle coming down the hall. Dans room. Phils heart seemed to move up more and more as he walked down the hall. Why was he so scared. Phil approached the door to Dans room. He pushed it open fairly quickly but wasn't ready for what he saw inside. He felt his phone drop to the floor as his heart felt like it had stopped. Everything stopped. Dan was there on the floor.