2 ✧ playtime

CHAPTER TWO:
Playtime

✧✧✧

Louis applies a final coat of black mascara and quickly swipes on his favorite matte pink lipstick. He originally had no intention to go to his high school today, but because he's grounded for the rest of the weekend, his mother had woken him up at six o'clock in the morning so he could be up and atom to go to school for fifteen minutes, grab his report card, and then leave. It's completely unnecessary in Louis's opinion, but he's just going to do as his mother says so he doesn't get into any more trouble.

Louis walks over to his full-length mirror to check his outfit. It's not like he cares what anyone at his school thinks, he just wants to look good so people can be jealous and hate him. His priorities have clearly changed from when he was a shy little sophomore. He's wearing one of his favorite black skirts and a burgundy long-sleeved crop top with thigh highs and adidas superstars.

"Lou, let's go!" His mother calls from downstairs once checking the time.

It's not like he had to be at school on time, or like he's going to be having classes or anything. Most students don't even show up until last minute, and of course Louis would have to be one of the first to get there on his last day.

Obeying his mother's orders, Louis grabs his bag and cell phone (that his mother thankfully let him keep) and makes his way downstairs. Due to not having a car, Louis's mother has to drive him⎯he mostly catches rides from friends or a cab when he's in the city.

He gets to school, his mother saying she'll wait for him in the parking lot before dropping him off in front. She was pretty cool, letting her son express himself the way he wanted, and not taking any shit from others or their unfavorable opinions about it.

Luckily, Louis spots Niall once walking through the entrance. Niall is his only real friend that he trusts and confides in, and would never consider fucking; reason being is that Niall claims to be straight.... and that they're 'too close of friends', but mostly the first reason.

"Niall," Louis greets once walking up to him. "You're not going to believe what happened."

"If it's another one of your crazy hoe stories, I'm ready." Niall jokes, Louis smiling, but then shaking his head.

"Although I do have some of those, it's actually something disgusting. While you were away, I told my mum I was at your house. Long story short, I was with Zayn and she called your mum to see what was going on I guess... I told her I went shopping in the city, but I'm grounded, so."

"But you never get grounded?"

"That's exactly what I said! She probably got some helpful parenting advice from your mum." Louis crosses his arms, getting annoyed just thinking about it. Niall shrugs, not putting it past his mother. "Of course she would ground me on the first weekend of summer.... How was your vacation?"

"I don't think visiting family is considered a vacation." Niall says, gesturing for Louis to walk with him down the hallway so they can get their report cards.

"I'll call you later so we can talk." Louis says once the two stop at Louis's homeroom. Niall's is just a few rooms down, but Louis plans on taking a little longer than Niall is.

"You sure you'll still have your phone after you show your mum your report card?"

Louis rolls his eyes. "Shut up," he breathes out a small chuckle. "I'm sure. Call you later."