Chapter 1: The Boy

"Class Dismissed!" the teacher yelled as the bell rung throughout the school. I packed up my stuff up quickly and hurried to door. Turning out of the exit I crashed into a large frame. I frown at all of my possessions  spread across the floor. I glanced up at his unfamiliar face determining he was new. Squatting down to the ground we started picking up our belongings separating them in two piles. When we finished I stood up and looked at my watch and frowned. "9:03 Well I can forget going to my locker."  I thought to myself. "I'm sorry. How rude of me. You must be new here. What's you're name?" I asked trying not to seem rude.

      "My name's Darren, and yes I am new here. What's you're name?" He asked nervously trying not to say the wrong thing.

      "My name's Oliver. Is this your first day?"

      "Yes. I'm actually just trying to find my classroom. Umm...... English?"

"Right there." I said pointing to the classroom I just came out of.

"Thank you...."

"You're welcome. Do you need any more help finding your classes."

"Actually yes but I don't want to bother you and-"

"It's definitely not a bother don't worry."I interrupted him pulling out a pen and paper writing down my locker number. "Here meet me at my locker after class. I'll show you around during lunch."

"Locker: 2071. Thank you again."

"No problem. I'll see you after class."

Having another awkward moment, I took the time to eye him down again. For the first time in the couple minutes we were together I noticed he was kinda cute. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I looked in to this eyes.

"I-I should go. I'll see you later, Oliver." He blushed too and and awkwardly shuffled into the classroom.

I looked at the watch again 9:07 and started walking to my next class.