The Tavern Down The Street

she clutched her books tightly, watching as a large and rather bubbly looking clump of students stumbled from the great pillars of Magnolia College and University, there she stood, Lucy Heartfilia, watching as the college atmosphere enveloped her and she was swallowed up into a world of Starbucks, Music Festivals and poem readings in remote cafes. As her mind was dragged back to the present she was reminded of the fact that she was standing, absent minded, in the middle of the wide stone slabs serving as a path, obstructing a lot of people. Lucy snapped back to her present mind and began to walk, it was her 2nd year here but this time, she was in the student village and a different department. Before she couldn't fathom the idea of sharing a room, scared of thieves and losing her stuff, so like the air head Girl she was, she rented out an apartment she could hardly pay the rent for and ended up working 5 different jobs.

tugging her bag with a firm pull she finally arrived at the student village, an array of stony cottages with winding Ivy and small rose bushes, looking more like a row of remote and beautiful holiday cottages than student homes. She checked the name on her door key and found she was placed in the Hisui Cottage, with a light Jade door. She trailed her bag along with her down the road, and found she couldn't quite find it, letting out a squeal of frustration she attracted a small amount of attention from the nearby onlookers and 2 girls

"Are you alright?" A small looking girl asked looking at Lucy with Beautiful Foamy Green eyes, she smiled gently, her milky white skin softly expanding, blonde, almost white, hair shaking slightly as she moved. "Oh, I'm okay but I need some help..." Lucy said with a sigh, she wasn't so sure she wanted to share the information of her location distress but nevertheless she needed help! "Sure! What can we help you with?" The second girl chirped in, her light blue hair bounced, cropped in uneven lengths and held back by a white ribbon ,muddy green eyes looked happily down at Lucy. "Actually, Its really embarrassing but I can't seem to be able to spot my Dorm..." she sighed cringing in defeat, stupid dorms. "Oh, that's alright, What dorm are you in? we might know where it is" The Blonde haired girl mused, looking around. "Hisui Cottage" Lucy said, looking down at her key the check if she was correct, she was definitely right, unless she couldn't read. "AH!" both girls said in unison then stared at each other, mouths agape. "Um, excuse me?" Lucy murmured looking at them eyes confused, eyebrows peaking her forehead. "You're Lucy right?" The Blue haired girl smiled and offered her hand "I'm Levy and this is Mavis, we're from Hisui Cottage!" Levy smiled as Lucy took her hand "Ah, that's great! I wondered what kind of people I could've been rooming with, thank god its you guys" Lucy sighed, relieved at the fact that Levy and... Mavis? were her roommates.

Levy opened her mouth to say something before a greatly humoured and booming voice came from a little higher above "Rooming with Short Stuff? Ha, better get up early in the morning" Levy's face fell and become mildly annoyed. "Gajeel!" She growled, and then attempted at pouncing on the large man who simply held her at an arms length, blowing his nails, as if to taunt her. Upon further inspection Gajeel was heavily pierced and rather mysterious looking. He had inky Black hair that fell down his back in big black spikes and lightly tanned skin. His eyes seemed to glow with a mischievous Ruby. After a little while of teasing Levy who had finally given in Gajeel turned his head and caught sight of Lucy "Who the heck are you?"  'AM I REALLY THAT INVISIBLE?!'  Lucy screamed at him in her mind. "Hi, I'm Lucy~" She smiled and gave him a small wave, good impressions, good impressions~ "I'm new to the English major so.. I don't really know anyone" she explained "I used to major in Business and Enterprise because of my father wanted me to take over his company but we had a massive falling out and I decided to change--" Lucy carried on until she was stopped short by Gajeel "yup, wonderful you're all independent now," he said rolling his eyes, probably thinking something along the lines of 'girls...ugh'  "Shorts, We're going to Fairy Tail Later, you coming?" He turned to Levy who stopped growling and looked thoughtfully at the black haired antagonist "later, right now we're taking Lucy to Hisui. Seeya later Gajeel" she mused and with a flourish of her hand, she grabbed tightly onto my wrist and started pulling me along with Mavis tailing closely behind us ,waving goodbye to Gajeel as we went.

The walk wasn't very far, just a short way along the road, we chattered along as we went. Talking about everything and nothing at all, Just getting along really.

When they did finally arrive at Hisui Cottage the most queer sight was brought to Lucys visionary scope. It was a stone building, tucked away between the emerald dews, surrounded with a small white picket fence and a lilac door with a heart shaped window. Scarlett roses and Canary yellow Pansies curled delicately between the fence gaps and the uneven paving stones were pushed loosely together, moss licking out from between the cement.

"Its cute isnt it?," Mavis sighed smiling at The endearing little house "Its remote as well so its very quiet". They unlatched the gate and opened the small picket opening, walking carefully amongst the moss. Levy pushed a small and cute key into the keyhole and turned it 180 degrees. "Welcome to Hisui Cottage!" she chimed as she slowly eased the door open and pushed Lucy inside.

The inside was so cosy, Ivory covered three walls but one and a large stone fireplace stood proud in the middle of a stone clad wall. Hazel floorplanks where faintly illuminated by the dimmed lamp that had been switched on by Levy and a Wood and Glass coffee table sat covered with various magazines and classic books. it had a generic, queer cottage setting. Cosy and relaxing, the low ceiling beams making it seem more comfortable, the wooden staircase in the corner adding a little bit of a modern flare. Various firemaking tools sat by the fireplace, used so much that they were tinted obsidian black, a full wickerbasket of firewood standing almost unnoticed by the fireplace. 

"Its so relaxing isnt it?" chimed Mavis as she sunk down onto a creamy white sofa, a three seater sitting in front of the coffee table, a two seater at the side. "Uhn" lucy absentmindedly said as she dumped her heavy case and sunk her back into the chair. "Well anyways, dump your stuff anywhere, we're going down to Fairy Tail and you're coming with us!" Levy mused pulling Lucy's wrist in a great pull and managing to heave her off of the sofa, off of heaven. "ughh, whats Fairy Tail?" she asked with a displeased sigh, slightly depressd that she couldnt feel the cool cotton running softly against her back anymore. "Its the hangout spot, our local Tavern" Mavis chattered "My mothers brother made it for me, Uncle Makarov and his child Big Bro Laxus built it all and Auntie Polu helped with any and all injuries, her daughter from another marraige, Wendy helped design it. It was a big family Effort!" 

Lucy smiled softly, 

How Wonderful...what a united family.

"EN-EE-WAY-SU," Levy exclaimed as she tugged Lucy and Mavis towards the door "Lets go!" she whined as she opened the door and pushed them both out before coming out herself and locking the door behind her. They, Lucy and Mavis and Levy walked towards fairy tail, a great wooden building with banners of all different colours and a symbol that looked half like a fairys wing and half like a tail. Pushing both doors open Levy happily greeted everyone and wandered towards the crowded centre of the Pub.