Chapter 5: Odd Morning

Frisk's POV

"Chara!", I yelled as I caught up with her. She kept ignoring me. I really messed up.. I tried grabbing her hand, but she wouldn't hold mine, back.

"Chara..? Sis..? B-Babe..?", I said. It seems that last word snapped her out of her "funk". She sighed heavily, and turned her head to look at me. She managed to muster up some grip on my hand, to which I anxiously smiled in response.

She gave me this odd glare. It was like a mixture of anxiety and sadness, a little angry, to be honest. I swallowed, trying not to sound intimidated. She kept her eyes on me for quite a while ,before sighing again, facing forward.

"Look, Frisk, I'm sorry. I'm deeply, deeply sorry.. I just started thinking about some things and.. Well, they weren't good..", she openly admitted. I gave her a warm smile, pecking her cheek, after.

"It's okay. I'm just happy I have my Chara back.", I said ,gently squeezing her hand. She smiled, calming down. I couldn't help but smile with her. Even though I was smiling, I'm still worried for us. I don't want there to be any issues..

-Time Skip-

Chara and I approached the high school. It was rather big, three stories. There was a massive football field in the back, along with a baseball diamond, more so for practice, a basketball court, and a pool! They also had a green house, full of "I have no freaking clues", and "What the hell are these?" They had a pretty grand stair case leading to the main doors. This place seemed pretty expensive.

As we walked up the stairs, we saw some guys running down them, screaming, along with a massive white beam of light. We also heard growling. Chara and I decided to investigate, only to find our Dunkle Sans at the source.

"* oh, heya ,kiddos.", he said once he noticed us. Chara and I ran up to him, nearly tackling him with our hug. He immediately hugged us back, his coat felt nice and warm in the cool autumn weather. We broke from the hug, and Chara was the first to speak up.

"Uh, hey, Sans?", she said.

"* yeah, kiddo?", he replied.

"Why do you have a Blaster with you?", she asked, pointing to massive , floating, dragon-like skull behind him. Sans chuckled as he snapped his fingers, the bone creature disappearing.

"* what blaster?", he said, winking, shrugging his shoulders. Chara playfully rolled her eyes.

"So, why are you here, anyway?", I asked him. He shoved his hands in his pocket.

"* just makin sure you two dont have to spend yer days alone, is all.", he said, winking once more. I was nearly jumping in joy. Chara's face seemed to beam with excitement.

"Really?!", she yelled a bit too loud. A few students started staring at us, I felt embarrassed. Sans snapped his fingers and the Blaster returned. Everyone seemed nervous and went on their merry ways. Afterward, the Blaster disappeared again.

The bell rang. Crap, we're gonna be late!

"* eh, dont worry ,ive gotcha." ,Sans said. He snapped his fingers and teleprted us to our home room.

"Sans, I don't-", Chara started ,but I cut her off.

"Thank you!", I blurted out before giving Sans a peck on the cheek bone. Chara laughed and did the same. A light blue blush found its way onto his face. His smile grew.

"* of course. take care.", he said as he phased out of the room.

Third Person

Chara walked to the back of the room, not bothering to pay attention to anything but what desk she'd sit at. Frisk followed her, skipping along. Chara had managed to find a desk at the very back of the class, against the wall. It was perfect. Frisk, obviously, sat next to her.