Chapter One

The night was dark and I could feel goosebumps rise up my skin. I ignore it and hug my self, the least I could do to naked is to touch my skin, hopefully my body heat could save me.

As I breathe out, a fog of cold air arises from my mouth.

The screeching of the dead catches my attention.

I look back. It felt like someone was watching me. The night sky was full of stars, the street wide enough to be fit by four trucks at a time.

Twigs of broken branches are scattered all over the area.

The screeching and groaning continues as if going to my direction.

Immediately, I move towards the closest car. Pulled it open an thank heavens it wasn't locked. I jump in and switch the key already plucked in, and the engine starts.

Sigh.

Then I hear the moans of the hungry dead. They appear to be not farther than two buildings away. I push on the drive button and start.

Thump.

My jaw drops. I twist to the side, checking out the back seat. Guns and guns all around. Jackpot.

But then there's a limp o body.

"Aahhh."

"Shut up!" It shouts, then suddenly he pulls himself up. Points out a gun and I raise both my hands.

"Uhm dude, the zombies are coming."

He turns to see them, says oh and then opens the window. He point the gun at them an kills them straight in the heads. Awesome.

He tens back to me and chuckle to himself, "That was a stupid gesture. I'm sorry fellow human, I just haven't been around people since the apocalypse."

"Me neither." I shrug.

"Can I drive now?"

I push the brake buttons and nod. "I'm hella tired."

"I'm hella energized." He smiles victoriously ice we switched seats.

"So, where ya heading?"

"Honestly with the apocalypse going on. Just the evacuation area with people." I shrug.

"Oh. They lie."

A few moments later on after a thoughtful silence, "Andrew." He reached out for his hands.

"Dan."