Chapter Two: TSK, TSK, TSK. Someone's been a bad girl.

A's Pre-note:

This is dedicated to BriannaThomas since she showed me just how much she's looking forward to the next chapter. :D This is a bit boring but I promise you, the next one won't be! :)

***

Chapter Two

Dominic

July 30, 2008

                When Dominic woke up one day, he was still a banish, a banished vampire. Now he couldn’t believe his luck. He was about to get acquitted in exchange for a simple task: he needed to bring a certain mortal girl to the council.

                The mortal was declared a witch for the taboo she has done five years ago. Because of this, it cost them their highest vampire saint. Witches since the beginning of time were one of the Vampire Nation’s worst nightmares. They came next to the vicious werewolves.

                Witches were very clever creatures. So high were their witty and cunning skills that it usually took the Vampire Regulation Council years before they could finally track down the wrongdoer, for this instance, it took them five.

                This time, they finally had the name of the one to blame for the Black Incident. They finally had their witch. And it was up to Dominic to bring her back to them safe and sound.

                No matter how big the accusation and charges may be, the VRC still implements a fair justice system. Only if the accused has been found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, should he then be given the punishment he deserves. This rule applied to all; vampires, werewolves and witches alike.

                Meanwhile in the island of exiles, a gloomy-looking guy with red silky hair was bent over the ground. He had been playing with a funny-looking rodent when the sentinels opened the gate to his cell with a bang.

                “Dominic Levine!” The one who looked very much like the leader boomed. “The King asked for you! We will leave Galuna right this moment.”

                Galuna was the name of the island of the exiles. Exile vampires were thrown here for fear that they might contaminate or influence other vampires in the Nation. This was where Dominic was thrown, seven years ago. Apparently, he was forgotten for a long time, since no one cared to ask for him for the past years.

                The rat he was playing with scurried away to a small crack in the wall as soon as Dominic turned his attention to the guard.

                “What could they possibly want from me, huh?” He scratched his head. “Maybe they’ve decided on my final punishment by now. I just hope it’s death this time.”

                “Seal your mouth exile! You are not permitted to speak unless spoken to. You should know that. Know your place.”

                The three burly guards proceeded to prod his back with their electric spears; the only weapon that could render vampires unconscious with just a single charge.

                The little party of four consisting of a sad-looking vampire continued to trod on to the aeroship that would bring them to their destination; Vampire Nation itself. In them lay Dominic’s ultimate fate.

                “So have you guys heard? The council has finally tracked down the witch responsible for Lord Vermon’s death. At last, the famine would end when they capture the bitch.”