Chapter 2: Something Mysterious

In the morning before breakfast, I decided to look through the handbook. Of course, the first page was about the rules.

Rule #1: curfew is at 10pm SHARP!

Geesh, harsh much.

Rule #2: No romantic relationships with a mentor/trainer or anyone else in the academy.

Great. There goes my love life.

Rule #3: Here are the times for each meal. Be sure to arrive early or on time. If late, there will be consequences.
Breakfast: 7:30 am
Lunch: 12:00 pm
Dinner: 6:00pm

Gee, they really don't mess around here.

Rule #4: If you see or believe something that is unusual happening, please report to the head chef of the academy.

Rule #5: Do not do a real police cases until your fully trained.

I continued read through all the rules, which seemed very uptight place here. It really doesn't matter, I don't break rules anyway. There was also a section about having a banquet every year.

I got up from the desk in our room and I decided to go downstairs for breakfast as I saw Sandy come out with a short red dress that she wore for senior prom.

"You know this isn't prom, this is a police academy," I stated.

"I just want to make an a first impression," She cheerfully smiled.

"Yeah, you will really impress them," I scarasticly said.

"Where is Heather? My new best friend," Sandy asked and smirked.

Stephanie, she is just trying to get you on your nerves.

"She already went downstairs." I then turned around and headed downstairs.

When I arrived into the dinning area, all I could say was 'wow' because of how huge it was. There were rows and rows of tables I couldn't even count how many were there. Of course, there weren't many women in a academy. Actually there was more than I thought there would be, but still not that many. In the handbook, it said we have assigned tables, we just have to sit where our mentor's name is. Mendoza, Mendoza-. I searched for Mendoza's name and finally by the 20th table, I found his name. Great. Elliot is Sandy's mentor. We all sat down as the kitchen staff served us breakfast. Man, they really feed us. Bacon, eggs, pancakes and so much more that I could list. This was like summer camp when I was a kid all over again. Elliot scared me again when I went to get up and throw my garbage away. A man with dark hair came up on a stage up to a microphone.

"Good morning. My name is Jerry Long. I am the chief of the academy. If you haven't, please take a look at the handbook at your own time. Please listen to your mentor's and I hope you enjoy staying here." He walks off stage as Ell- I mean Mendoza called for our group to follow him to a theater in the academy. We seated in the theater as Mendoza went up front to talk.

"Hello, my name is Elliot Mendoza. I will be your mentor for this year. In the weekends, you are allowed to do any activities that we have listed in the hand books. You have to choose at least two. You may choose more than two. Has long as you do that training, you can do activities. Monday through Friday will be full days of training. If any questions please ask me. The activities are here listed on this board." I went up to the board, and most of it were guy stuff. Fishing for beginners, hunting, swimming, water skiing, biking classes, football, basketball, soccer, wrestling, track, etc. We have to pick a physical activity and a non-physical activity. They want us to pick at least on physical one because do we will stay in shape for training. I picked soccer, gun targeting and performing arts of music. I know how to play almost every instrument. Well, not every, buy I have played many. I have played the cello, violin, piano, guitar, flute, trumpet, tuba and saxophone. I want to focus on piano. My mother and I use to play piano all the time for my father. After she left me and my father when I was five, I never played it again. All I remember is playing piano with her, nothing else. I don't remember what she looked like or what things we did together. After I signed up for my activities, I started to walk up to Elliot to talk to him, but he was kissing a girl.