Chapter 2.70: The Goodness Of Love

Chapter 2.70: The Goodness of Love

Walking around La Condamine in her Edwardian styled gown, Cynthia Deloris Carter watched the towering fortress, Palais Princier de Monaco. Her face was serene as always; of a goddess, actually. The moonbeam embraced her, such of a wanton to dream of. Out of love, she changed… for the betterment of her heart who pounded heavily with the anvil of hatred. Cynthia sat on one of the benches near the fortress, securing her lark would be productive… progressive… irrevocable.

              Monsieur Arthur was his new father. An orphan of a wildfire in the woods, Cynthia was hopeless to live… to love. After the prince had accepted her as Cojette, a princess of a lost tribe somewhere in Georgia, she felt loved… every night… every day. She was uncertain it would last but it did. The prince knew her from the start; a girl named Cynthia… but things were a jigsaw the prince shall put in place. The prince blessed her with the name Cojette and Cojette herself, lasted for a decade. French and may the name sounded as absurd as French were. Although, she felt the warm company of the prince. She was uncertain why today; she was walking drastically outside the fortress. Everything was damn alright! Why did this have to happen?

              “Are you ok, mademoiselle Cojette?” Monsieur Arthur asked.

              Cynthia coughed as a cold reply.

              “I shall bring you to the hospital.”

              Cynthia shook her head as she continued coughing, still in the deepest of her thoughts.

              “You’re bleeding!” Monsieur Arthur exclaimed as they got out of the fortress.

              Cynthia was unmoved. Her gaze penetrated the vacuum and went direct to nothingness. She wasn’t seeing the vermillion splat on her dress. Hence, just a hump forming glory inside of her. With a sight of a shining splendor from Monsieur Arhtur’s side, she struggled to get such and pointed it at him.

              “Away!” Cynthia yelled and the guards near her pointed the same splendor at her.

              “Begone, dogs of the prince! Begone!”

              Everything went red. From the left side, the splendor punctured her abdomen and did not make itself clear on the right side. Red was filling her dress. She cried but a happy face tingled her gruesomeness. Insane yet conscious of her absurdity.

              “The prince’s legacy shall end with him!” She laughed. “You bastards! Away!”

              Magically, she was still alive. She laughed and her voice bewildered everyone around her. Lastly, the momentum dies in her hands and black was the new red.

“This is a chalice,” Hugh said as he raised the ring above him.

              It showed luster. It had an intriguing feel which was felt by almost everyone inside the room. Locked and tight, the room itself contained a secret known only to certain people… and only certain people shall ever know.

              Gazing up, everyone was amazed as slightly, the spark that covered the emerald turned into a shining stream of rainbow. They were all astounded.

              “The gemstone is covered by a crystal. If I am not mistaken, the crystal was here to protect the carving underneath.” Hugh put it down. “I guess, a more subliminal meaning of this was the all seeing eye.”