Chapter Six

I finally got my own room on this ship. 8ecause I'm the 'new8ie' here, I've 8een sleeping on the floor in the dining area. That was considered lucky for me. Ekliat said I could have 8een sleeping on the upper deck, where I would have 8een woken up countless times 8y a splash of salt water.
Apparently the pir8s were testing to see if I could handle the first few nights in their rough lives. They didn't tell me that, 8ut I could tell. There was a perfectly availa8le room to use that I found while cleaning the floors. That's the room I'm in now. It's got no windows and it's very close to the noisy 8ar where everyone's always roughhousing. It's not like I was expecting a first class suite. I can deal with this.
Anyway, I have to get working. I'll write more l8r. Captain Silversea doesn't toler8 slackers.

Signed,
Aranea Serket

I managed to last a week sleeping on the wooden floor, earning me my own room. All it had was a bed and a table and chair. That's alright. It's all I need for now.

The other pirates find me a very confusing person. I never complain about the ship's system, I do all my work with a smile plastered across my face, even the fact that I do my work at all is considered odd here. They just don't have the same mindset as someone as brilliant as me. I have my entire future planned out; every thought, every action, every second of it. It's my job to make sure there aren't any flaws along the way.

I stepped outside my room for the first time. Right away, I found Silversea going back to his room from wherever he had been before. He stopped and turned to me once he reached my doorway. I stared up at him, as he is much taller than I am.

"Good day, Captain. Or night, I should say."

"Either works," he replied in his usual monotone voice. "Get your work done before sunrise."

"Aye." After sending him a single nod, he went on his merry way. The door separating his room from the rest shut behind him and that was that. As long as all my work was finished by the end of the night, I had my free rein of where I went and what I did.

I realized my throat was dry, and I haven't had anything to drink for a while. Assuming the bar has something besides alcohol, that's where I decided to head first.

The bar and dining hall is always nice and calm at dusk. Not everyone is completely awake yet, and have yet to get drunk. It's only a matter of time before one guy bumps into another guy, quickly escalating into an all out bar fight.

Putting aside the inevitable while I still can, I took a seat at the bar. I don't think the pirates care if I'm young considering they treat me the same as every other newbie, according to Ekliat. The man behind the counter turned to face me, scrubbing the inside of a mug with a rag. His face became soft after seeing it was only me and not some average drunk.

"Well, hello there, Miss Serket," he greeted in his deeper accented English.

"Hello, Pruuce."

Pruuce was the bartender of Silversea's ship. Along with Ekliat, he's one of the nicer trolls in the crew. He always wore his usual black vest and a tie coloured a nice shade of ivy. I wasn't sure if they were his work clothes or usual attire, but it looked nice either way along with his stubbled facial hair. He looks like someone who people get easily attracted to. It makes me wonder if he joined this crew willingly or not.

"I don't suppose you like alcohol, do you?" he asked me first. I shook my head and just asked for water. I prefer to stay sober for a while. I can't be getting hammered with an entire future planned ahead of me. Once Pruuce finished filling a cup of water, he placed it in front of me and continued the conversation. "How was your first day off the floor?"