Chapter 3 - Almost Kiss

Chapter 3 

Almost Kiss

It would be a lie to say my heartbeat was calm, it was anything but. Part of me was screaming to get the hell away from him, I mean I hardly knew him! But the other part wanted to kiss him so badly, and I don't know why. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he planned on kissing me, but did I want that? His face started inching closer to mine, so slowly it was as if he was giving me a chance to react. In all honesty, even if I knew how to react I wouldn't have. My whole body was frozen in place.

"Bree!" Hearing my name snapped me out if it. I pulled out of his arms so fast, I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash or something. I caught a glimpse of Kayla before I went crashing to the ice, hitting my head hard. "Are you okay?" Kayla was right next to me by then, her eyes were as wide as they could be, almost popping out of their sockets.

"Yeah." I managed to mumble, even though my head was killing me. Anthony helped me to my feet and grabbed my waist again, making sure I didn't fall. I still hadn't seen his face, and I wasn't sure I wanted to. Had we really almost kissed, or was I just losing it? "How can you do this Kayla?" My little sister was skating perfectly by herself, no problems whatsoever. Life was so not fair.

"B...B...Bree" Kayla stuttered, holding a hand up with a finger to Anthony. Her whole body was shaking and I swear her eyes had gotten ten times bigger, "It's-"

"I'm Anthony," He said, cutting her off before I heard why she had to say, "What's your name?"

"K..Kayla." She stuttered, looking sheepish. That was weird, Kayla was anything but sheepish.

"Nice to meet you, Kayla." Anthony smiled at her, causing her to giggle.

"Kayla, go ice skate and have a good time," I said, pushing her head slightly. She groaned but nodded, skating to a group of people her age. "Can you help me off the rink? I think I'm done."

"Sure." He said, taking tiny steps forward till we were on the edge. I sighed in relief as I stepped off the ice, finally able to keep feet under my body. "I'm going to skate a little more, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, go have fun." I gave him a smile before going to sit on a bench, ripping my skates off as fast as I could. Small blisters had already formed at the tip of each toe and on each heal. Stupid rental skates.

"I saw that." My head snapped up and, startled by the sudden voice, a small yelp left my lips. Mackenzie sat next to me, a small smirk played across her face.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"You totally almost kissed him!" Her face, I swear, was glowing. She looked like she was about to explode."I can't believe it!"

"Did not!" I gasped, pulling my boots onto feet. I really did not need any trouble from Mackenzie right now.

"Did too! I saw it, don't lie to me! Besides, the blush on your face says it all!"

"Whatever Kinz," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Bree!" Oh great, more family! My mom, dad, and grandma were walking up to me, arms outstretched and ready for hugs. I groaned internally and hugged each of them in turn. It's not like I didn't want to hug them, I just wasn't in the mood. I was way too confused about my almost kiss.

"How did you get here? We took your car." My dad asked, raising an eyebrow. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off.

"I drove her sir." Anthony said. I looked over my shoulder to see him walking towards us, regular shoes on and skates in hand.