Chapter 6

Chapter 5: Engagements & Heartless Butlers

I wasn't really allowed to see Prince Wilfred after what happened a few days ago. I've been spending all of my time out on the balcony of my room staring out at the gardens. There were beautiful flowers of every kind and color with a fountain in the center. I would also come out here at night to watch the stars in the night sky and to feel the wind against my skin.

On my bed lay a beautiful gown that grandfather sent me for the party this evening. It was a long lavender colored gown, the top of the gown was like the top of a heart and there was a light pink fabric that traced over it and formed straps that would hang a little below the shoulder, there was also a light pink ribbon that went around the waist of the dress to form a V, there was also light pink heels, and the dress had sparkles all over the top part of it. So the dress was almost like the last one I had worn. I had also received silver studded earrings, a silver choker, and a silver bracelet that fitted my wrist perfectly.

As I was staring out at the gardens... Knock! Knock! Someone knocked at my door.

"Come in." I said softly and I returned to my room to find a couple of maids had entered. I was to attend the party of course for two reasons. The first reason was because I had to because Lord Michel is my grandfather after all so it wouldn't be right if his own granddaughter did not attend. The second reason was because I was taking Claude's place in tending to Prince Wilfred because Claude had to tend to the Queen and King. Part of me didn't wish to go and the other part of me wanted to go but either way I had to go.

The maids helped me change. I took a shower, they did my hair and make-up, they helped me put my gown on, I slipped on my shoes, and they helped me put on the silver jewelry that I had received. The maids finished and left the room. I walked over to the full body mirror to look at myself. I gasped when I saw myself. My mahogany-brown hair that usually stopped a little above my waist was in a beautiful bun while the rest of my hair was worn down and curled at the ends. I had a thin layer of light pink lipstick on with a thin layer of lavender eyeshadow on my eyelids with a little bit of glitter. My bangs were framed around my face beautifully. I looked like an actual princess. My porcelain skin was radiant and my sapphire blue eyes seemed more vibrant. The gown sparkled beautifully on my body and I wore a light pink headband. I spun around swiftly and gracefully and the gown made a swishing movement when I spun around. After I was done examining myself I sat down on the sofa in my room.

(30 Minutes Later) Knock. Knock. Someone was knocking on my door and I was quick to answer.

"Come in." I spoke in a soft voice and the one to enter the room was a maid.

"It is time to leave Miss Alana. Please follow me." I stood up and followed the maid out of the room to the limo. The hallways were bright with the light of the setting sun. The hallways walls were white, lined with gold, and had vases filled with flowers along with chandeliers on the ceilings. There were multiple doors along the hallways and there were servants running about. We got outside and I noticed that Prince Wilfred was already there. The maid left and I walked up to the car but I didn't get in since I would be serving Prince Wilfred today I was to get in last. Prince Wilfred looked up at me and his eyes widened as he took in my appearance.

"Your Highness we must be leaving now." I said softly. Prince Wilfred snapped out of his trance and stood there. "Your Highness?"

"Ladies first." I was about to protest but Prince Wilfred ushered me into the car. I sat down next to the window and Prince Wilfred sat down next to me. A few days before Prince Wilfred's older brother, Prince Stephen came back to the castle but he wasn't greeted with opened arms. Prince Stephen was actually the crown prince of Phillip but he gave it up so he could become a doctor to help people. When he left Prince Wilfred suddenly became the crown prince and was burdened with so much work. Though none of this is really my business no matter how concerned I may be. I have a longing in my heart to be held by Prince Wilfred once more, to feel his warmth, to feel the sensation of his lips on mine but these are desires that I am not supposed to have but one thing I know is true I'm in love with Prince Wilfred but unfortunately nothing can come of it. These thoughts swirled through my mind as we neared Nobel Michel Castle. The castle was radiated by the orange glow of the sun which made it look absolutely beautiful.