Chapter 7

"Sorry, what?" Dan asked, humming as he responded to a tweet from Tyler Oakley.

"What were those text messages?" You asked. You stared at him, waiting for a reply.

Once he was done he looked over at you. "What do you mean?"

"The ones between us."

"Did you not read them from your own phone? I thought it was best not to mention them in front of Phil."

You shook your head and pulled out your own phone. You pulled up the text messages between you and Dan. The messages you saw on his phone weren't there on your phone. "I guess I deleted them while I was drunk." A vague feeling of feeling embarrassed last night tickled your mind.

"Oh." A pause. "Are you alright with that? I mean it's okay if you're not." He started to remove his arm.

"No," you interrupted him and stopped him from moving his arm away. You smiled at him. "It's fine. I don't mind." You leaned back onto him.

He smiled back. "Alright."

------

Once you stepped into the designated meet and greet area of the bookstore, a crowd of screams greeted you. You smiled and waved at everyone, surprised at the overwhelming number of people that showed up. Security guided you to your seat where piles of pens waited on the table in front of you. Once seated and comfortable, you nodded to security and the book signing began.

"Hello! Thanks for coming," you greeted the first two fans.

They appeared to be siblings around the same age. One donned pigtails while the other one donned a ponytail. Both clutched copies of your book and cheek aching smiles.

"I love your book!" The one with the pigtails exclaimed. She thrusted her book forward to you. "Can you please sign this?"

"Thank you and of course," you replied, smiling. "Who should I make this out to?" Popping off the cap to a pen, you began to write a short blurb.

"Macy!" She shook her fists in excitement as you finished the blurb and handed the book back to her. "Oh my gosh." She stared at your message in awe.

You turned your smile to the one with the ponytail. "Do you want me to sign that?"

"Yes please," The one with the ponytail replied in a more hesitant tone than her pigtail companion. She handed her book to you. "Can you write something for me too? My name is Amelia."

"No problem at all." You wrote down a different blurb than the one you wrote just before. Once finished you handed the book back to her. "It was lovely meeting you."

"It was awesome meeting you too." The siblings replied in unison then were ushered on by security.

The rest of the meet and greet had a similar proceeding. Fans came and went, each leaving a heartfelt comment as a gift. The amount of people who supported your book left you in awe. You felt amazed at how people liked your book enough to physically leave their homes and come see you.

"Hi there," a chipper voice brought you out of your contemplative thoughts. A brunette around your age stood before you with a copy of your book. "Can you sign my book?"

"Of course," you replied and took the book. "Who should I make this out to?"

"Suzy, please."

You chuckled. "You have the same name as the character; that's pretty neat."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." She giggled.

You were about to write her blurb when someone grabbed your wrist. You looked up to see that Suzy had gripped your wrist and ran a finger across your watch. Your wrist felt a subtle ache as you tried to pull your wrist away. "Excuse me."

"Miss, let go of her wrist." A security guard intervened and attempted to pull her hand away. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Your watch is really pretty." She continued to smile at you before letting go. She grabbed her book with an incomplete blurb before security stopped her. "Thanks."

"Miss, follow me." The security guard guided her away from the table, being sure to place distance between you two.

You watched her departing form with an expression of alarmed confusion. The remaining four fans in line had the same look plastered on their faces. Before you could form a coherent thought about what had just happened, the bookstore manager appeared beside you.

"Y/N, are you alright?" He asked, eyeing the fading red marks around your wrist. "We can end the signing early if you want. We can compensate the remaining fans with free goods."

You stared at him, unsure of what to say. You opened your mouth but no words came out. Your eyes flicked to the remaining fans, seeing speechlessness scrawled out on them as well. You closed your mouth and cleared your throat.

A weak smile formed on your lips. "Let's continue, there's only four more people left."

------

"Y/N," Phil sang the moment you stepped onto the third floor of the flat. His voice came from the living room. "How did the signing go?"

You paused and wondered if it was possible to ignore his question. An imagined scenario of Phil poking the closed office door repeatedly prompted you to peek your head into the living room. You kept one of your hands behind your back. "It was alright."

Before you figured out where Dan was, his voice came up from behind you. "Y/N, why do you have a wrist brace on?"

------

A/N: Thank you so much for the support so far. I didn't expect that so many people were following the story :) I appreciate each and every one of you. As always, please comment, favorite, and add this to your public reading list. Also, any thoughts on Suzy? :P