Heart of Stone (Part II) - Chapter 34

Song: "Bedroom Hymns" by Florence + The Machine

----

[Heart of Stone (Part II) - Chapter 34: Part 2]

----

Stone was on his knees when she pledged herself to him. Perhaps she didn't understand the weight or the significance of her words, but hearing them broke down his remaining barriers.

He no longer had to hide. She had accepted the part of him that scared her the most.

Lifting her up into his arms, he carried her out of the forest, across the grassy property to the pack house, and straight up the stairs to their room.

Seeing as they were both covered head-to-toe in dirt and sewer water, he started the shower and she began to strip.

Unable to help himself, he stared at her as she stood before him, peeling the clothes from her body. He watched the light and shadows play across every dip and curve of her creamy flesh as she moved tantalizingly slow.

She was his light, and he would be her shadow. He would follow her to the ends of the Earth and protect her from being snuffed out.

Her eyes studied his face as he took her in and once she was completely naked, she allowed her own to roam down his body. His skin tingled at the heat of her stare and he closed his eyes, allowing the sensation to envelop him and didn't open them until he felt her gaze back on his face.

Goddess, Aubree was a wonder. How she existed, he had no idea, but he would cherish every inch of her body and every minute she lived.

Stepping toward him, she reached up to touch his cheek with a flourish of heat that went straight to his groin. Her gorgeous hazels burned into his with a mixture of desire and devotion.

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

He reached back behind her head and lifted it up to meet her delectable lips for a tender kiss. Pulling away, he cradled her face in the palms of his hands before pressing his forehead to hers and inhaling her scent.

"How precious you are. How undeserving I am of you. How I don't want to spoil this moment. I want..."

Her heart fluttered as he trailed off, trying to find the courage to speak his mind as his own pounded within.

He wanted to do everything to her and with her. Give her the best he had to offer and relish everything she gave back in return.

She was his and he was hers, and he damn well wanted to claim her and seal their souls if he could.

Taking his hands in hers, she stepped back, urging him into the glass-enclosed shower with her. The water cascaded over her head as he followed her in, her eyes holding his and closing them only to blink back water droplets.

"What do you want?" She released his hands and pressed her palms to his chest.

Against the hammering of his heart, her desire swept through him making him groan. He brushed his fingers through her hair under the stream of water. Her eyes closed as a series of tingles rippled between their flesh.

"You," he stated. "I want you."

"Then take me," she whispered.

Erratic heartbeats pulsed.

If it weren't for the cleansing water running down over her, he might have lost control from the scent of her arousal alone.

Reaching for his sandalwood scented bar of soap, he inhaled and exhaled the steam rising up between them, clouding his senses, save but touch and the need to taste her skin.