chapter 11 (Pitter patter footseps and patio chats)

Sorry it's late! Hope you all enjoy this chapter 0_0

I drove for three hours until I reached Shaina 's house, pulling into the gravel drive way I saw curly blonde pigtails just above the banister. "Daddy!!" I hear Lily yell in excitement, I see her smile, she has her mother's smile, it's so beautiful.

I open my car door and she hops into my lap, hugging me tightly as I chuckle. "Happy father's day, " she says looking at me face to face with her dimples showing.

"Thank you baby girl," I say and she rushes to pull me out of my seat and into the house. Shaina busies herself with dishes, barley acknowledging me, I wish things weren't so strained. Lily drags me to her room, she makes me close my eyes as she opens the door and when she says open, I do.

Her room is a light baby blue, her curtains are purple and tinkbell us on everything. I look around and I compliment her on how clean it is and that I loved her drawing of a house. I know it probably seems like I'm just talking about scribbles, but it's nothing close to it.

My daughter was very talented, she drew things like they were out of a book and I wanted so badly to enter her into competitions or something, but Shaina didn't want her to be so into something that it took away from her childhood.

She looked so cute in her mini mouse t shirt and jeans, I had gotten her red converses for school and she was already wearing them. she begins to explain about everything going on in her favorite cartoons.

Little by little i had to hold myself back because I couldn't help but wish I still lived here with her and was with her every day.

Marie's p.o.v

I began getting ready, me and Braden had made plans to hang out today and I was thoroughly excited. I straightened my hair and put on a white and navy blue striped tank top and jeans.

I didn't bother with makeup because it was just me and him. I walked down stairs and he was sitting in a kitchen chaur, eating some chips and a sandwich. He grabbed his keys, sandwich in hand and we left.

I put on my sunglasses in the car and began tapping my thumbs on the steering wheel, he let me drive today considering he wanted to finish his sandwich. We were singing along to songs on the radio way too loudly and laughing really hard.

He had me pull over a mall close to us and told me we were gonna enjoy our day out. We looked through so many stores and I practically had to drag him through Bath &Bodyworks so I could get e refill on my body mist.

I got a couple new bikinis, a red skirt and a black one, a few pairs of shorts and a lot of graphic tees. I was tripping over my own feet because we were laughing so hard.

We got home as soon as it started raining, I texted Charlie and told him to be safe. I walked up the stairs, laying down in my bed, it was already 8:30 and I was literally exhausted.

Charlie's p.o.v

It was 8:30 and I had just tucked Lily into bed, I walked away from her room and into the bathroom. I broke down completely. It was so hard doing this, having to love and raise my daughter from a distance.

There's was a knock on the door and I opened it, Shaina was standing there in black leggings and a white tank top. She had a sympathetic look on her face, she dropped her laundry basket on the floor and opened her arms. "Come here," she says softly and I oblige. I needed it.

She told me we go outside and talk, but the second we got on the porch, her arms were around me and her lips were on mine. My hormones spiked in an instant, I put my hands on her waist as she pushed herself closer to me.

This was a usual thing whenever I would come over. My hands flew up to her chest and I couldn't keep my hands off of her. She wrapped her kegs around me and moaned but that's when I snapped out of it. I dropped her kegs and shoved myself back far.

I had a girl friend.

Of whom I said I would never hurt. And here I was making out with another girl, one she'd made me swear that I had no feelings for. Damn it, she was going to cry. She was going to hate me and regret coming to the summer house.

I kissed Shainas forehead and told her I needed to leave. As I drove back the rain began, matching my mood and I hit my fists on the steering wheel. I hated myself.

I made it back to the house and sat there, staring at my reflection in the window. I walked into the house, up the stairs to her room, it was past 1 am.

I opened her door and she was clutched onto the blankets sweating and panting. "Help me!" She cried out in her sleep and I walked over to her, waking her and bringing her into my arms as she cried

"Shh, it's okay baby girl I'm here. " her breathing began to slow and I didn't know if I could bring myself to say it. She clutched onto my t shirt, her eyes closed and her heart beat calm.

"How was it? " She asked sleepily.

"I need to talk to you Marie. "