The Thief That I Love

<<Taiwan's POV>>

It's Chinese New Year day today. Yao gege asked all of us *Kiku, Lien and Xiao* to visit the festival at the town hall near the woods. Of course I couldn't draw my feeling, it's because, Kiku-san will join us this time. I know, I supposed not to love him. But it can't be helped right? Anyway, I don't know why he agreed with the invitation, he usually prefers to stay at home.

I take a quick glance at the clock. The I gasped, two hours left to get ready! gotta be quick!

Tonight I put on my pinkish dress decorated with rhinestones and fit in my artificial flower clip. I brushed my hair and looked at the mirror. I glanced my reflection and thought to myself

Will he be the one who will pin up my hair? I am drowned in my own muse before Yao-gege called me from downstairs. "mèi mei, are you ready aru?"

"Yes I'am!" I quickly  hopped on to the wooden floor to put on my shoes and rushed to the downstairs. I don't want to make everyone wait.

"AH!" I stopped my self before I hit myself toward Kiku-san's body and fell with a loud thud.

"M-Mei...san? Are you okay? You don't have to be hurried like that" He offers his hand to help me raise myself.

"I-Iam okay..." I glanced at his brown eye. We stared each other and drowned in each eyes. Faint blush crept onto his fair cheek. But it doesn't last much longer.

"a-ah...I am sorry,  I need to let hurry." He snapped himself and politely asked for permission to left.

I think he hates me now.

.

.

.

We finally arrived there, at the town hall near the woods. It was so crowded there. There is also so many chinese food stall and small stages for attracttions. Some people also pray at the temple. I love the incense's tender smell. It is Laoshan I guess.

It's getting crowded here. I checked up the Japanese's state over this circumstance. Kiku-san seems okay with that, even if I could sense a ping of un-comfortableness. After we toured the entire place, we stopped at a food stall. It sell's chao mian, zhajiang mian and yuntun. It taste tastier than last year! With all of this happiness, I could finally able to forgot what just happened earlier.

After we finished our food, Yao-san engage us to see the full moon.

"Let's see it over there, aru!" he pointing at the small river near the woods. It's a silent river with a clear water without a ripple.

"Oh look, Mei, A Koi-fish!" Lien-jiě jie pointed at a silhouette that appeared in the pond.  I leaned over my body to the side of the bridge over the river, trying to spot the koi. That is before someone touched my hair and pulling something off my hair, I thought it was Xiao-san. I looked back and saw my hair clip is with Kiku-san. I tried to get it back, but to late, he just run away from me. I chased him.

We run and run to the deep forest, further from Yao-san and the other, but I don't bother to keep it in mind, I just want my hair clip back, my precious hair clip from mother earth. Until suddenly I trapped in the deep forest. I lose track of him. Now I'm being alone here. I tried to be optimistic to find the way out, but every time I look around, I only see darkness around me.

Stay calm, little Taiwan, where is your adventurous side? I slapped my cheek and take every turns that I met

I found nothing. No avail over my hard work. My feet began to feel sore and tired. I gave up upon myself. It's only because... I losing my hair clip. I'm such a foolish girl right? I talked to myself. My lips wear a smile to raise my emotion but my eyes begin to glisten. I broke down and covered my face. I start to cry like a child, a scared child that lost her mother at the crowd, waiting for someone who will find him.

Clack! I heard a strange sound. maybe it's a hungry wild animal who has sensed my existence here. I was very terrified, but instead running I better waited and think more rationally. I knew it is coming closer. I covers my eyes tightly and bowed as low as I can.

Instead, I feel someone hugged me from behind. I turned my head to find out who is it, but he covered my vision so I can't see anything.

"Why are you shuddering?"

This soft sound, I've heard it before. is it...

"Ki-kiku-san, is that you?" I guessed it's him. Then he stroke my cheek down to the chin, he releases my sight tenderly and out of the blue, he pulled my chin, forcing myself to stare at his face.

His eyes shined a pretty brown hues of orb in the darkness. His face was serious, as if it tried to tell me something. He bit his lips in concern as his eyes squints a bit. In this black surrounding, I could feel his warm cheek, it is blushing so hard like when he fanboys over a vocaro characters.

Without expectation, he pressed and nipped my lips. We kissed. It's my first kiss. He stole it, he stole my first kiss. It was only a brief peck I guess. I could tell that he was nervous.

After we kissed for a second, he released me and smiled sheepishly while my face is still dyed in red.

"Want to do it again?" He puts on my hair clip and traces down my brown hair.

I nodded slightly in embarrassment, I closed my eyes as his finger softly holds my chin. Our face come closer. o do our lips. For a split second, our eyes met in love. Then, I heard sound from behind the bush by the biggest oak tree around here. I also heard a murmur from the bush

"Who is stepping on my foot?!"

"My little mei mei has grown up, aru"

"ouch! stay silent!"

those voices sounds familiar for me- wait!

I immediately pushed Kiku's body away from me, so does Kiku did to me. I scrambled stood up and pat my face furiously. I really want to scream right now!

"GET OUT RIGHT NOW!" I hollered at the smug-in-the-bushes trio

"Whoops, I think we're caught red handed by her" said Xiao and Yao-san

"You two are the 'naughtiest' little kid! We're worried about you, and all we've got here is you're making out here!" said Vietnam who are managed to tease and make my face popped out a red blush over my cheeks.

"Stop it!" I cried but I can't hid the smile that crept up my face. Kiku-san try to explain it all to Yao-san, but seems like Yao-san didn't listening him at all.