7

My heart froze for a few seconds as I stared into the yellow eyes outside my window. I turned to look behind me, maybe it was one of Chanyeol's posters reflecting off the window? No such luck, none of his posters had any yellow in them. I swallowed hard and glanced back towards the window my heart pounding.

The eyes were gone.

I breathed a sigh of relief and then a scary thought occurred to me, my dorm was on the third floor, how had someone gotten all the way up to my window? With shaky hands I stepped back onto the cold hardwood floor and crossed to the window looking out into the night. The only thing moving were the trees, the autumn wind blowing through them.

Wait...

Squinting, I strained my eyes to focus in on a dark figure just behind the closest tree to my dorm. My mouth went dry and I watched as the shadowed face seemed to look right at me and then slowly back into the tree line as if wanting me to follow.

I hesitated...but without giving myself time to think I grabbed my hoodie and quietly unlocked my dorm door. Technically after nine pm no one was allowed outside of their dorm, but Chanyeol and I had made a secret route to get past the security. On the first floor right before the door to the outside, I hurriedly opened the 'abandoned' janitors closet and yanked open the door to the crawlspace. I crawled through the small tunnel and pushed away the recycle bin that hid the opening from the outside.

The night was chilly and I pulled my hood up, shoving my hands deep into the pocket of my sweatshirt. As quietly as I could, I began striding across the field heading towards the spot where the figure had been standing earlier.

This is crazy, I told myself, what am I doing?

I stood there for a few more seconds searching the dark woods, but nothing showed. Abruptly a hand clamped onto my shoulder and I yelped turning so quickly I lost my footing and began to fall. Suddenly someone snatched my wrist and yanked me upright.

Sehun looked down at me through his lashes, and I tried to pull back, surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, "We're both going to get--"

He released my arms and clapped a hand over my mouth, shushing me. I paused, watching him cock his head as if he were listening for something.

Then I heard it...

A low howl, traveling across the field, carried by the wind.

A/N: Do the yellow eyes and dark figure belong to Sehun? Is the howl from a human or something else? Find out in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed this part of Don't Call Me Monster!