3 - Her

ROSALIE

He wasn't hard to spot once I noticed the way he stood out amongst the hundreds of people passing by him on the street. His face, gorgeous and mysterious, was recognizable as he stood by himself.

I stood on the opposite side of Times Square and waited to approach him. The square was full as ever, the multitudes of screens flashing thousands of colors and previewing hundreds of ads. It was mesmerizing, it's much like a curious child being drawn to a TV screen. Except for the child, in this case, not knowing which screen to approach first out of the hundreds.

I felt like a small child now. Hiding from him until I was ready to come out. Like a game of hide and seek. I swallow hard. I feel guilty almost. Not from hiding from Zayn but, making up a little white lie to tell Eric. "I'm going out with some new friends tonight." Lie. Though Zayn is technically my new friend. "It's just a bunch of girls." Lie. Hard lie. I even had to pass on him coming along, like he usually did with our own friends. He couldn't come tonight.

I sigh and run a few fingers through my hair, primping it and smoothing it. I take a deep breath, nervous. I look down at my white bodycon set, smoothing out the cropped top and the matching skirt. I hope he thinks I look pretty. I don't want to disappoint him.

Here we go.

And I'm off to meet Zayn once again. My heart is hammering in my chest, but I'm trying to remain as calm as possible. My nerves are eating me alive, though. Even though Eric and I aren't together anymore, I still feel bad for lying to him when he tells me everything and he'd never lie to me.

Stop thinking about him and walk, I tell myself.

The crowd passing by the bench thins out for a moment and I spot Zayn again. His eyes wander across the crowd and he's pulling his fingers through his hair and smoothing the sides. I smile. He's wearing all black again. I mean all black everything. Even his leather jacket was a perfect jet black. I'm taken aback by his handsome face. My heart flutters wildly in my chest.

Once I'm close enough, I stop in the cross walk closest to him. "Zayn!" I call out to him, waving my hand, smiling his way.

He turns his body and his gaze shoots up, just for his eyes to zero in on my own almost immediately. I drop my hand and cross my arms across my chest, my smile growing bigger when he slowly walks towards me.

I was already breathless when he was a few feet away from me. His lips held a knowing smirk and his dark eyes ravished me up and down so intensely I felt my face heat up in a blush. He was taking in every single inch of me and I could only stand there and let him. I bit my lip in embarrassment.

He finally stood right in front of me, smiling down at me now.

He leaned down a bit, took my hand in his and kissed it. "Good evening." He says to me, holding my hand there.

What a gentleman!

I can't help but laugh. "Hi." I greet him, feeling eyes on Zayn and I.

His smile turns into a smug smirk again as he pulls my hand towards him, sending my body into his. I gasp in surprise and I think it pleases him even more. He places one hand on the curve of my waist and he settles the other hand on the back of my head. For a moment there, I thought I could feel him grip onto my hair..