3.0

Ashton's POV
I walk out of the coffee shop and decide to go check up on Calum at the hospital. The hospital is a short 30 minute walk from the coffee shop, and only a 10 minute walk back to my home. On the walk to the hospital, I watched as a fiery orange orb of light slowly disappeared beneath the horizon.
Streams of light lingered in the sky, dyeing it first orange, then pink, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve, and then that melted away in turn as darkness took over the entire sky. I finally reach the hospital, and head straight to the elevator. I step into the elevator and press level 6 and wait as it goes up.

D i n g

The elevator door opens up and I step out, walking towards Calum's room. The hospital corridor is stuffy and the air has an undertone of bleach which makes me feel sick and dizzy. I think about the last time I saw Calum. It was two days ago. I walked in and found him lying unconscious in our lounge room. He was barely breathing. My hands shook as I grabbed the phone out of my pocket and called 000, hoping my best friend would be okay. After they hospitalised Calum, I left immediately. I couldn't handle seeing him so hurt and vulnerable. Turning the sharp corner, I stopped and peaked into Calum's room. All the boys were there, and Calum was wide awake. I take a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves.

"Okay Ashton, keep yourself calm," I whisper to myself as I walk down the lonely corridor straight into Calum's room.

//

When I walk in, I notice that the boys were in a deep conversation about which bands sound better live. Then Luke looks over and me, and notices me. He jumps off sofa he was sitting on and strides over to me, enveloping me into a bone crushing hug, before whispering a 'thankyou for showing up' in my ear. Luke then pulls away, and goes back to siting next to Mikey.

I move over and sit on the edge of Calum's bed and look over at the Luke and Mikey.

"Hey, would you guys mind if Calum and I could speak privately?" I ask them

"Yeah of course dude, Luke and I were just about to head home anyways.. Weren't we Luke?" Michael replies, nudging Lucas

"Oh, uh.. Yeah. We were, we will and come visit you tomorrow Calum." Luke added in, smiling at Cal

"See ya guys." Calum quietly says, waving the boys off

The boys get up and leave, leaving Calum and I by ourselves. I turn around to face him,

"Hey.." Calum says first, his voice raspy and weak

Calum moves awkwardly into a sitting up position

"Hey bud, I'm glad you're okay." I reply

He looks down at his hands, avoiding eye contact with me. "I broke our promise Ashton.."

"I know, but it's okay. We're all human, and we all make mistakes. We'll make a new promise, and all of us will help you stick to it."

"Thankyou, I don't know where I would be without you guys."

"Probably dead.." I murmur quietly, frowning at him. "Just next time you break this promise, I'll break your wrist."

Calum looks at me and chuckles, "I'm surprised you haven't broken my wrist already."

"Mmm, you're lucky you're hospitalised otherwise I would have."

Calum laughs and nods his head in agreement, "I get discharged on Wednesday, do you think you could come and pick me up?"

"Yeah of course, text me what time and I'll get the boys to come along as well." I reply to Calum, faintly smiling at him

"Thanks Ashton."

"Anyway, I'm going to head of now Calum and get some food organised for dinner. I'm really glad you're okay dude. I'll see you on tomorrow or on Wednesday."

I stand up, and give Calum a light hug.
"See you soon." He replied

A/N
WHY DO YOU GUYS THINK CALUM IS IN HOSPITAL? COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK HEHE.
Sorry this is a crappy chapter, I'll edit it soon and fix it up 😂

Alsooooo thankyou for reading my crappy ass fanfic, I hope you are all liking it so far!!

P.s will be updating some time tomorrow night
P.s.s please vote for my story, comment if you like it and follow me 💖