o n e h u n d r e d + t w o

⚠️ abuse and homophobia

"can i trust you dan?" he asked as he suddenly looked very serious all of a sudden.

"you can tell me anything." I said as i put my arms around his waist and sat him down on the bench beside us. he took a large breath and exhaled deeply.

"after what happened in the park, i went home and i decided to tell my older brother martyn that i really like you. i though I was safe telling him- i really fucking wasn't. he told me that i'm just a faggot then he went straight downstairs and told my parents..."

flashback

"phil, can you come downstairs please?" my mom said as i was crying in my bedroom, i didn't know if she was being positive or negative as i couldn't tell by her tone. i wiped away my tears and put my glasses back on before walking down the stairs and into the living room where my mum, dad and very smug looking brother sat. "do you want to explain yourself?" i didn't say anything for a second as it felt as if my throat was closing up at an immense pace.

"i told martyn i liked a boy. i was going to come out to you soon, i just didn't know how." i said as i felt tears escape down my cheeks and my legs start to shake slightly, it felt like i could have a panic attack any second now.

"phil why are you crying? it's okay." my mom said smiling slightly, i didn't know if it was because she was okay with me being gay or because she felt sorry for me.

"he has every right to be crying the little son of a bitch! i didn't raise a fag, what has made you like this? who's this boy then, he probably doesn't even like you, he just feels fucking sorry for you. you don't even like boys do you- you're just doing it for all the attention!" my dad bellowed, causing me to jump and my whole body start to shake intensely and i could hardly breathe.

"i-i like boys dad, what's so bad about that? why can't you accept me?" i said which took a lot of power in me to do.

"get upstairs phil: now!" he screamed at me, i looked at my mum, she didn't do anything but look away from me. i ran upstairs into my room, my dad followed me. he came into my room and threw a harsh punch me, straight in the mouth, i fell onto the wall for support but it simply just allowed for him to hurt me easier. he punched my stomach multiple times before i fell onto the floor in a heap. "get comfy, you're not fucking leaving here- got it?" he said, slamming the door and locking it behind him.

i couldn't move. i couldn't cry

i passed out.