Chapter Four

One week later...........

Luke's pov:

I watched her, head on my stomach as I played with her hair. Ever since she kissed me I had fallen for her even more, I didn't think it was possible but it was, it sure was. It was Saturday afternoon, ever since she had gotten out of the hospital she has been stuck in this hell hole of a place, the doctor made her come to a help center where she had to spend a week just to make sure she was better. Her dad was still always at work and Jessie was at college during the day so since everyone was busy I would stay with her, it sucked that I could only be here four hours a day but it was worth it. She had been sleeping for about an hour and I couldn't bring myself to take her off of me, she looked so peaceful for once after everything that has happened to her I think she was finally at peace. The door creaked open and my attention shifted watching the nurse walk in with a tray of food "Everything alright in here?" She whispered but before I could speak Adrielle did "Yeah what'd you bring me?" She popped her head up, "Well since you've been eating more we brought you some options" She smiled as Adri sat up "Aw okay thank you" I couldn't help but smile at how happy she was for no apparent reason "You're welcome do you two need anything else?" Adrielle shook her head and the nursed walked out. "So how long have you been up?" I smirked sitting up and leaning against the wall, "Half hour maybe" "Half an hour? are you serious!" "Yes I was comfortable so I just laid there" "Good to know" "Don't act like you weren't comfortable" She smiled picking up half of the sandwich the nurse brought her. "You don't know what I was" I laughed a little unlocking my phone to read the message Jai sent to me. "They want to come visit is that alright?" I asked watching her eat, "You know the rules Luke they have to be over 18, you saw the trouble my dad had to go through so they would let you visit" She responded and I sighed. "I get out tomorrow anyways" She said that more to herself than to me, "I know" I whispered.

We sat there in silence for a little while she ate, she physically looked better, there was more color in her, her eyes were brighter and her lips seemed redder. She seemed to have a smile on every time I was here now whether it was real or she was faking it for me only she knew but it seemed real. I wanted nothing but to know that smile was because of me, I'm the one keeping her sane in this place. Either I was here along side of her or she would call me when she could, besides her dad's phone number and Jessie's mine was the only one she knew by heart which said a lot to me. "What are you thinking so hard about?" I looked up at her "You" I admitted and she rolled her eyes "Mhmm" She said holding her mug in her hand. "You know it's true" I smiled and she looked away, "Stop" I heard her say as she put the mug down. "Stop what?" "You know what Luke" "I don't think I do" She didn't say anything after that just came and sat next to me. "You do" she whispered making me smile, "I do" I agreed looking over at her.

"I don't want you to go" We both looked at the clock, I had about twenty minutes before visiting hours were over "I don't either" I looked back at her. "My dad and Jessie are coming tonight so you can't even come back this sucks" She pouted. "I think Jessie and your dad are more important than me babe" I brought her closer to me her head in the crock of my neck. "Not really but I guess so, I just want to be out of this place already" "I want you to be out already too". I felt her try and get closer to me pulling down her sleeves and hugging me. "Luke" "Yeah?" I questioned looking out the window, "Are we ever going to talk about what happened?" she said as low as she could, "The kiss?" I asked and she nodded. "I was waiting for you to bring it up" I responded "Well this is me bringing it up" she said tracing circles into the palm of my hand. I don't think anyone really knew that we kissed, not Skip not James not Beau not even Jai and I told him everything, I think Delena had her suspicions but didn't speak up. I didn't want to tell anyone because I don't know what she felt towards me.

"Luke!" She sort of whined waiting for me to speak up, "I think you know how I felt about it Adrielle" I replied. I waited for her to say anything but she didn't, she just laid there tracing circles on my palm. "Adrielle you know I'm in love with you" She sat up as soon as I said that and looked at me, "Why?" "What do you mean why?" I sat up too. "Why? why do you love me? I'm a mess Luke look at me I'm in a mental hospital because I've tried to kill myself so many times. I'm a complete mess, my fucking ex cheated on me not once but twice then sent three fucking girls to hurt me for god knows what reason. My own mother doesn't fucking want me, I spent an entire year crying myself to sleep drinking as many pills as I could to try and make everything end. Why on earth would you love a girl like this? Why bother, you're Luke Brooks you have thousands of fans, girls that would drop anything for you, girls that are a million times prettier than me, they would give anything to be with you. Why me? Why bother?" I looked at her as tears started coming down her face. "Why?" she said one more time before the tears started flowing even harder.